PDA

View Full Version : How do I get rid of jagged edges on these shadows?

jpleonard
04-25-2008, 06:13 PM
Can anyone please give me advice on some things I could try to get rid of the jagged edges on these shadows. On the bottom of the chin, and the right side of the face near the cheekbone and eye area are the main problems. I've tried area lights and I get much softer edges on the shadows, but area lights completely ruin the effect that I am after. So far only the distant light keeps my image looking the way I wan except for those freaking jagged shadows. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jpleonard
04-25-2008, 06:14 PM
sorry I forgot the image. Here it is.

jpleonard
04-25-2008, 06:28 PM
Here's a wireframe of the head.

jpleonard
04-25-2008, 06:34 PM
I just realized that when I was working inside the mouth on teeth and stuff that I turned on double sided to make it easier to see what I was working on. Just turned it off and going to try another render to see if that helped.

jpleonard
04-25-2008, 06:39 PM
Yep, that fixed it. Thanks for anyone looking at this too late to help. I'm slowly getting better at trouble shooting my own projects. There's just so much to remember sometimes. Here's the non-double sided render if anyone cares.

Surrealist.
04-25-2008, 08:33 PM
Well, it is great that you figured it out. Thanks for posting the results. Always good to have a reference for problems so others can benefit.

jpleonard
04-25-2008, 09:14 PM
I found something similar through searching the forums for shadow problems, and someone else had a problem like that. Search is good.:thumbsup:

archijam
04-26-2008, 04:31 AM
.. but it's great to post the solution. Too many times it appears the problem went unsolved, but the person actually worked it out and moved on :)

Surrealist.
04-26-2008, 06:57 AM
I found something similar through searching the forums for shadow problems, and someone else had a problem like that. Search is good.:thumbsup:

Indeed. Search is a good thing. Well done. :thumbsup:

jpleonard
04-26-2008, 08:55 AM
Now if I can just settle on how I want to do the hair. Curve2Blade or one large modeled mesh? I would use saslite but don't seem to be able to get it to match the look of the character.