PDA

View Full Version : LW Upgrade / DFX+ bundle question

Roundpixel
07-22-2003, 09:26 AM
Hi,

IŽll be picking up today my upgrade to LW 7.5 plus the bundled DFX+.

When i talked yesterday to the reseller rep he told me they had received a boxed DFX+ that had inside a single LW 7.5 disc attached to the box.

Is this correct? I mean, no LW and manual box? WouldnŽt i get a boxed upgrade if i had upgraded with no DFX+ deal?

Can anyone help on this, so i know what to ask for.

Thanks
JC

CoryC
07-22-2003, 09:58 AM
My DFX+ upgrade came with just the LW7.5 discs so that is correct. I think the press release mentioned something about this. There are docs in the LW folder under online_docs and 7.5c has the online help system so maybe they figured it was an unneeded extra expense.

Roundpixel
07-23-2003, 01:27 AM
Thanks,

ThatŽs exactly what i got, a nice DF black box, my Duo LW discs and the dongle.

I guess iŽll have to build myself a 7.5 LW box to place along the older ones :D

cheers
JC

colkai
07-23-2003, 02:58 AM
You mean you still have some unused shelf-space? ;)

I have LW boxes all over the place, my bookshelves are groaning under the strain! :D

I have ordered the same upgrade.
As I understand it, DFX+ is the full package, you get the LW7.0 / 7.5 Upgrade then an electronic download for LW8 when it comes out., plus the additional free 8.x upgrades as and when.

Whilst I'd like to sit down and read a book, I'm sort of grateful I won't have to test the stress limit on the shelf ;)

Anyway, I can always print out the tasty sections of the LW8 manual :D

Roundpixel
07-23-2003, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by colkai
You mean you still have some unused shelf-space? ;)

The only available space i do have at my tiny studio goes down the Z axis, and then only when LW is running ;)

JC