PDA

View Full Version : Multiple targets?

Cageman
04-25-2008, 02:02 AM
Hi,

I wonder if there is a way to have an object changing target over time? Lets say that from frame 0-100 it should target Object1.lwo and from frame 101-200 it should target Object2.lwo...

Thanks in advance... :)

miguel_dthings
04-25-2008, 02:51 AM
Maybe baking both motions and using Motion Mixer for a smooth transition? Sounds the most flexible to me.

walfridson
04-25-2008, 03:26 AM
Have it target nullA
nullA has expression to interpolate between nullB and nullC by amount set in a lw slider panel

So nullB and nullC are your targets.

walfridson
04-25-2008, 03:55 AM
And here's a scene for you :)

Mr Big
04-25-2008, 07:57 PM
Thanks Walfridson

Cageman
04-26-2008, 07:10 AM
Thanks alot Walfridson!

But I came up with another solution that works very well with unlimited number of targets. The key thing here is that I wanted the targeting to snap on a single frame to a new target. Using a targetnull with Parenter worked really well and was easy as hell to setup. :)

I've attached a scene. :)

Cageman
04-26-2008, 07:18 AM
To elaborate more about this:

Lets say you use a lot of clipmaps for distant trees and you have multiple cameras that cuts in the scene using CameraSelector (a Master Plugin). Each time there is a cut to a new camera, you would want those clipmapped objects to face the new camera. So, by using a Null as a target and Parenter to snap the null to each camera on the correct frame will solve the problem. However, using this method will probably result in heavy motionblur on the first/last frame for each camera.

Surrealist.
04-26-2008, 07:39 AM
Thanks alot Walfridson!

But I came up with another solution that works very well with unlimited number of targets. The key thing here is that I wanted the targeting to snap on a single frame to a new target. Using a targetnull with Parenter worked really well and was easy as hell to setup. :)

I've attached a scene. :)

Well that's interesting. I was thinking the same thing but for some reason was thinking about more of a fluid transition as in a camera move rather than a snap like that so I dropped the idea of Parenter.

But I would definitely be interested in a more fluid solution for camera work if one could be worked out.

EDIT: and by the way that is an interesting solution for your scenario.