PDA

View Full Version : UVs in dispay aren't the same as when rendered

IRML
04-24-2008, 03:25 PM
why do my UVs look so good in modeller or layout displays, and then so crap when I render them?

the attached image should explain it all, there are no lights in the scene, just a baked image map

the screenshot shows an fprime preview, but it's the same story when I properly render out of lightwave

my ogl settings have the texture res at 1024, which is the same res as the baked texture

I've seen this problem on my old machine running XP, and also on this machine running vista 64, it's not a computer/os related problem - I've also seen this in previous versions of lightwave 9 (I don't know if it affects lightwave 8 or older versions of lw)

EDIT

when I switch to GLSLShaders in the ogl settings the problem appears just like in the renders, so why is multitexture so much better?

there better be a way of sorting this out without me having to redo my maps :cursin:

Ztreem
04-24-2008, 03:48 PM
I think it's something wrong with your maps, because GLSL is more correct than multitexture, so it maybe looks good in multitexture because it doesn't show all the details. Can you show us the texture and UV view so we can see if it's the texture that is the problem? or maybe you can share the scene?

IRML
04-24-2008, 04:25 PM
it's an atlas map with good spacing, I've even expanded the edges in photoshop so it shouldn't be happening at all

I've just tested setting up the same map with nodes, it's ever so slightly better, but virtually the same. It's not a problem caused by pixel blending either

I'll do a screenshot of the UV viewport with the texture in the background a bit later