PDA

View Full Version : Problems to insert Logos

Raśl
07-22-2003, 07:31 AM
Anyone has problems inserting GIF or TGA with alpha channel as a logo in the Toaster CG? anyone can tell me how do it if it is not possible with the Toaster CG?

Lot of thanks

B. Schuster
07-22-2003, 04:22 PM
I just loaded an tga that I rendered from lightwave with an alpha into CG without any problems, what problems are you getting?

Raśl
07-23-2003, 01:42 AM
Any logo that i try to insert appear as it has not alpha channel... its curious, cos in other programs the alpha channel seems to exist (photoshop, IExplorer, and even the Titlemotion in other machine).

i dont think it is normal, isn't it?

Lot of thanks

kdennis
07-24-2003, 02:48 PM
I created a lower 3rd banner in PS7 with alpha and saved it as a tif. The banner loads without a problem but the alpha doesn't seem to exist.

I check the banner by pulling into AfterEffects and thealpha worked perfectly.

Any Ideas?

Raśl
07-25-2003, 02:42 AM
It seems that PNG and TGA are the best formats for making banners and logos because if you make it in the PS7 (i use it too) and make the alpha channel, the CG always catch it. But the problem seems to be in the titler, i'm agree with you that a file that doesn't work in the CG works perfectly in other programs.

kdennis
07-25-2003, 10:27 AM
The trick is... Your not really using the alpha channel. You actually need to create transparent layers in Photoshop. It worked perfect with the PNG haven't tried it with anything else yet.

tfrank
07-25-2003, 01:49 PM
When importing, be sure turn off any borders or edges. If left on and you import or "fill", your import looks like it doesn't have it's alpha. This drives me nuts from time to time when I get in too big of a hurry.