PDA

View Full Version : LWCAD for Asia Architecture

vplukas
04-24-2008, 10:52 AM
Anyone know if LWCAD is suitable for recreating traditional Chinese and Japanese buildings and other similar architecture? I checked out their website and some tutorials but didn't get a clear idea about the overall capabilities of the plugin. Would it be easier to just use LW?

Thanks

OOZZEE
04-24-2008, 12:15 PM
I am sure it is...

you can realtime boolean anything, snap anything and it snaps unbelievably well !!, and shape anything with it. Its truly very very good. I have been with it since the beginning and plan on upgrade to v3 when it comes out. I have heard no complaints about this plugin. - Your best bet is to contact Viktor through the website and he will reply to you !!

tonybliss
04-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Of course it is :) It will be perfect for the modeling and layout of the tyle of roofs and walls. It will simplify the placement of pillars and doors, etc.
Plus if you buy it now you will get a free update to version 3 which will include all the older tools but with 3d capabilities ....
i do not think you can go wrong

Hipcheck
04-25-2008, 06:11 AM
Profiler is your friend

vplukas
04-25-2008, 08:55 PM
Yeah it looks great. I'm hesitating because of the price. I'll buy it once I get over the fact that it's just $100 less than a LW upgrade.

Larry_g1s
04-25-2008, 09:37 PM
Yeah it looks great. I'm hesitating because of the price. I'll buy it once I get over the fact that it's just $100 less than a LW upgrade.I understand what you're saying, but you have to figure, part of it is only because LW is priced so well. :)

I honestly couldn't say enough great things about LWCAD. For architecture it's an absolute dream. Some of the size tools, and snapping features work great on other types of modeling.

Mat
04-26-2008, 05:50 AM
LWCAD the snaping tools alone make it a worthy purchase.

Hector Pascalid
04-26-2008, 06:08 AM
LW Cad is a must.

inkpen3d
04-28-2008, 04:04 PM
Don't hesitate, buy LWCAD now. Once you've used it you'll wonder how you ever managed to live without it.

joeldberry
04-29-2008, 06:01 PM
LWCAD is one of those toolsets that "should have been included" in the Lightwave package. It is invaluable for construction. Period. Definitely worth every penny you will pay for it. Especially for architecture and CAD-type modeling.

vplukas
04-29-2008, 07:06 PM
A demo would be nice. I did check out the v2.1 manual that was online. Is there a big difference between 2.1 and 2.5?