PDA

View Full Version : Bones and Hard FX

zummi
04-23-2008, 02:54 PM
In my project i have object what gets sliced with a sword and then 2 pieces would fall on the floor and shatter to smaller bits. One option to do this is to slice the object in modeler and put them in separate layers and then animate the falling and braking separately, i instead used bones and wight maps, but now ia cant make the hard FX to work properly.Anyone knows how to do that or i have to stick to the option one.
Had a look around but found nothing really about this....

beverins
04-23-2008, 03:42 PM
In my project i have object what gets sliced with a sword and then 2 pieces would fall on the floor and shatter to smaller bits. One option to do this is to slice the object in modeler and put them in separate layers and then animate the falling and braking separately, i instead used bones and wight maps, but now ia cant make the hard FX to work properly.Anyone knows how to do that or i have to stick to the option one.
Had a look around but found nothing really about this....

have three objects which you all load into layout and dissolve between them.

1) complete object
2) object sliced in two
3) shattered object

you then dissolve between them.

The shattered object would have hardfx

zummi
04-24-2008, 11:16 AM
mmm probably it works but this is the same as i take sliced object and place tehm in separate layer and then rotate them and apply hard FX.
I just dont understand hy i cant add hardFX already to object with bones.ˇFor example if you behead your character and want the head to bounce on the floor and blink eyes...

Surrealist.
04-24-2008, 11:12 PM
Hard Fx objects don't require that they be in separate layers. Just unweld the points where you want it detached.

I am not sure what the reason is or how you get around it but I can not get bones to work with Dynamics applied. It might just be the way it is. I think one of the reasons bones might not work is because they are not dynamic. There is no way to dynamically turn on and off the influence of a bone. So in your scenario the head would not just lop off it would stretch off as it worked it's way out of the influence of the bone.

So unless there is a workaround you may have to separate it into steps as above.

If you could use bones dynamically and then just lop of the head that would be fairly straight forward. But if you have to copy it and make separate objects that proposes a few problems.

So I am not sure what the best method is do do that shot. There might be some plugins or tricks I am unaware of. But however you do it, it is going to take some planning.

zummi
04-25-2008, 01:14 PM
thanks and little bit i know more now:)