PDA

View Full Version : VT5 Major Issues

wvp
04-23-2008, 12:31 PM
We are using VT5 on one of three systems (so far) and noticing a few major issues. Has anyone else experienced any of these?

1. Pre-VT5 projects not opening in VT5 (some do, most don't)
2. Unable to render a project
3. Audio waveforms not matching the sound (i.e. the beat starts about 4 frames after the waveform indicates). This has occurred on wave files imported.
4. Pre-VT5 4:3 projects opening in VT5 as 16:9

hairudon
04-25-2008, 06:53 AM
3.waveforms work fine for me
4.do you have you preferences set to 16:9? it will default everything to that, even if it isn't... at least that's how it was working for me
2.i've rendered hundreds of things
and
1. a few of my VT4.6 projects would not open, but then again i usually have new things weekly, and not many old projects that take weeks / months that would require me working on a project that i had started in 4.6

wvp
04-26-2008, 08:30 AM
I should have said difficulty getting old (VT4) projects to render in VT5.
We have only tried a couple of old projects (its been hard enough to get them to open). Oddly, we had the same issue with an old project when going to VT4.

On this system we archive projects and sometimes come back to them months or even a year later. These problems have me leaning towards using SpeedEdit for all new work or maybe even some other program.

steveg
05-01-2008, 10:36 PM
I had major rendering problems with VT5 until I deleted my Nero software. I will never trust Nero again in my VT5. There were a bunch of compatability problems.

wvp
05-02-2008, 07:05 AM
we do have Nero (v8) but we uninstalled it and still have the same issues. We have opted to uninstall VT5 and go back to VT4 for old projects and use SpeedEdit for new stuff - too much time being taken to troubleshoot all the issues.

If anyone would like to make an offer, I have several VT5 disks and manuals I might be willing to sell - send me a PM if interested.

Jim_C
05-02-2008, 07:37 AM
we do have Nero (v8) but we uninstalled it and still have the same issues. We have opted to uninstall VT5 and go back to VT4 for old projects and use SpeedEdit for new stuff - too much time being taken to troubleshoot all the issues.

If anyone would like to make an offer, I have several VT5 disks and manuals I might be willing to sell - send me a PM if interested.

One thought,...

Use Partition Magic or similar to carve a new partition on your hard drive.
Install windows on that partition (the same install key from the original partition works fine) then install VT5 on that.
Takes an hour or 2, but then you have the benefit of having both on your system.