PDA

View Full Version : Thought of the day

hrgiger
04-21-2008, 09:34 AM
This one is by George Carlin but has always stuck with me.

Do you realize that somewhere in the world, the worst doctor in the world exists? And someone has an appointment to see him today.

ted
04-21-2008, 06:33 PM
Same with Auto Mechanic, Dentist, Tax consultant, cell phone provider, equipment vendor etc.
And they are all waiting for you! :D
Thanks for warning us to be cautious. :thumbsup:

Titus
04-21-2008, 07:12 PM
Yes, doctors bury their errors.

A month ago I visited the ER for an intoxication with clams, a day after while recovering ended at the OR for another reason and almost had a heart attack after the surgery, and I'm not even 40.

Jim_C
04-21-2008, 07:14 PM
Do you realize that somewhere in the world, the worst doctor in the world exists? And someone has an appointment to see him today.

and .. his clients still say to their friends.."You gotta try my Doctor, he's the BEST!'

faulknermano
04-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Yes, doctors bury their errors.

A month ago I visited the ER for an intoxication with clams, a day after while recovering ended at the OR for another reason and almost had a heart attack after the surgery, and I'm not even 40.

jeez... well i'm glad you're ok. obelisk likes clams, btw. eats them whole. :D

Titus
04-21-2008, 09:44 PM
jeez... well i'm glad you're ok.
Thanks!

obelisk likes clams, btw. eats them whole. :D

Maybe that was the mistake :D.

Steamthrower
04-22-2008, 12:14 PM
Sorry to hear about that.

They amputated one of an aging relative's legs, because of cancer some time ago. Then it was casually discussed that perhaps the amputation wasn't necessary. I mean, whux kowabung, thanks for discussing that afterwards!