PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 9 on both PC and MAC

wtdedula
04-20-2008, 06:01 PM
Hello All;
Is it permissable to load a copy of Lightwave Version 9 on both my PC and my MAC at home if I only have one dongle and then switch between the two ?

I've been running on the PC with no problems but I got a Mac with a bigger screen and thought it would be easier for me to work through a tutorial on a larger screen where the video and the Lightwave window can both be opened B-I-G.

I've tried to register on a Mac and I noticed that the Dongle Lock ID is different on the PC vs. Mac and I was able to register on the web site but the registration window (On the MAC) says the Lock ID doesn't match the registration.

Can someone give me guidance on how to install on the MAC or tell me I'm not permittred to do what I'm trying to do. Thanks.

Tim

Chilton
04-20-2008, 06:17 PM
Hi,

Yes, that is the intent of the dongle. You can install LW on a number of machines simultaneously. You can only *use* it on one at a time (per dongle).

-Chilton

wtdedula
04-20-2008, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the response. That's what I thought.

However, I've tried to register a few times and it just isn't working on the MAC. The registration system says that the LOCK ID is the same as the PC, but that actually doesn't seem to be the case. I think Newtek will have to intervein and delete my previous MAC registration and I'll have to register again. So I'll probably have to wait until tomorrow.

Tim