PDA

View Full Version : Worley Labs G2!

sean hargreaves
04-18-2008, 06:41 PM
Anyone used G2 yet from Worley Labs? Hows the sss?

Bytehawk
04-19-2008, 01:43 AM
g2 has been bypassed by the new nodes system in lightwave.
although the tweakability of g2 is still a big plus, you're better off with one of the sss nodes

Intuition
04-19-2008, 08:36 AM
G2 came before F-Prime by a few years and was the first glimpse of preview rendering/texturing.

It was my primary plug-in for a while due to its ability to do fast reflection blur (at the time anyways) and great SSS and fresnel.

Now you can get all these effects in LW through F-prime3 much faster now.

Still a great collection of effects.

bta1701
04-20-2008, 10:37 AM
The one part of G2 that I still use a lot is the Luminant Shadow Darkening (LSD) tool... but I still use the surface boosts, too.

I hope Worley can update G2 to work with the announced new light types from 9.5... :thumbsup:

bart

dwburman
04-20-2008, 11:09 AM
before I had FPrime, I mostly used G2 to help tweak lighting levels. I never used the shading capabilities much.

Skonk
04-21-2008, 09:06 AM
I used to use G2 in conjunction with Front Projection Mapping to composite 3D over a 2D background. If you watch the tutorial video proton made on the subject you will see he has to tweak the luminosity of his ground plane because the shading on it makes it visible over the background image.

There was (iv not used it in years so i forgot its name) a feature of G2 that when activated would make the front projection mapped objects match perfectly with the background image while keeping your shadows as they should be.

Its something i really miss not having now (i dont own G2 myself, i used it at a friends some time ago).