PDA

View Full Version : need to uninstall LW7.5d

thudson
04-18-2008, 02:57 PM
I have light wave 7.5c and I updated to 7.5d and after installing trial version of LW9 I have been having trouble with the light wave 7.5d. The LW 7.5d lay out crashes when I click any where in the window and modeler is acting up by not being able to locate items like reflection maps and text command prompts-

any way I知 trying to do a fresh install of light wave 7.5c but after I finish the program says 7.5d I知 on the Mac leopard OS how do I remove everything light wave so I can do a fresh install ?:help:

brian.coates
04-18-2008, 10:53 PM
Let's see, it's been a while since I used 7.5 but the most obvious places are <username>/Library/Application Support/Lightwave3D and <username>/Library/Preferences/.

Just look for anything with Lightwave or Newtek in the file name and delete it.

The problems you had were probably caused by v7.5 reading the v9 preference files, which would have contained info from the new features of v9 that v7.5 would have no idea about.

Result: logic errors and crashing.

Best thing to do when upgrading or downgrading in my experience is to export your keyboard shortcuts and menu layouts to separate config files then import them into the new (or old) version, then set Layout and Modeler's other prefs manually so that your preference are essentially 'fresh.'

Saves a lot of time and frustration later.

thudson
04-20-2008, 08:29 PM
thanks

Phil
04-21-2008, 07:52 AM
Using the cmndline files for the different components of LightWave (PowerPC) will avoid these problems in future, and UB LW doesn't care in any way about PowerPC LW installs :)