PDA

View Full Version : Pmg opens up connection

calilifestyle
04-18-2008, 02:17 PM
pmG has just released the connections open source for Maya, Max, LW & C4D. They include C source code and Microsoft Visual C project. These sources are provided so that people who know how to compile for the various plugin SDKs, and have the latest versions, can maintain or even improve current connection DLLs for others, who are using messiah's animation realtime connection to Maya, Max LW or C4d; as well as those who wish to create a connection plugin for any other program that allows it, or plug messiah into an in-house proprietary system. Once created, an animation done in messiah can be moved to any program that supports the connection, and instantly edited without having to import and export multiple different scene file formats. messiah's interface can be called up while in another program, the anmiation can be changed, and it will instantly update in the other program, if the other programs allows it.

Click on the SDK menu item at http://www.projectmessiah.com

I haven't seen anyone bring this up yet. So does this mean Pmg is going to stop caring about the host plugging and have users fend for them selves.

UnCommonGrafx
04-18-2008, 02:36 PM
Their version of fbx, one could surmise that. One might be wrong. I think it's a better situation as they now can focus just on their app, CA as it is, and not have to do all the code of all the other apps.
Better management of their resources is how I would see it coming out into the future.

calilifestyle
04-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Yes i understand that could be a very good thing. I think what i mean to say is that if 9.5+ Lightwave breaks the current connection, does this now mean its not in their court to fix it.