PDA

View Full Version : A couple of simple stereoscopic render questions

rqe3bc
04-18-2008, 08:29 AM
Since I'm still struggling with Modeler I haven't looked at Layout at all, but I need to render a couple of simple objects with Stereoscopic rendering (to be eventually used as anaglyph images.)

I'm using the Classic Camera, 50mm Focal length, and Eye Separation at about 63.5 mm, but the renders still seem a little flat. I was wondering if anyone would have some suggestions as to how to get better depth. No fancy shaders, filters, effects, etc. - just basically a room. I'm using the 9.2 version (haven't installed 9.3 yet.) I'm just rendering one frame - no animation.

Also, is there anyway to turn off that annoying "beep" every time a render is completed?

Thanks in advance.

AdamAvenali
04-18-2008, 08:43 AM
i have no experience with Stereoscopic rendering, but I can tell you how to get that beep to stop. In layout, under the Render tab, click Render Globals and uncheck the Frame End Beep box! That should do it!

rqe3bc
04-18-2008, 09:13 AM
Thank you! That beep was driving me nuts :)

Just out of curiosity, has anyone rendered out a stereoscopic movie? How would one render out separate L/R movies? If I could eventually do a few short clips in stereo, Lightwave would definately be my favorite app!

AdamAvenali
04-18-2008, 09:22 AM
You are welcome. The beep is nice for those long multiple hour renders when you want to take a nap or watch some tv haha but we used to have students in our lab leave the beep on when rendering long tests and each frame was only taking a second or so. So it was like 15 computers beeping every second for what seemed like eternity haha.

rqe3bc
04-18-2008, 10:26 AM
I found an older thread that explains how to export stereoscopic stills so I tried it out, imported them into Adobe Premiere Elements and hey! Anaglyph movie! This is just too exciting :)
Now I just need to figure out how to get better renders...