PDA

View Full Version : obj export

rezman
04-17-2008, 01:05 PM
Suddenly, for no apparent reason there is no longer an option to export obj files in Modeler.
Am I missing something? I installed 9.5, could this be it?

JeffrySG
04-17-2008, 01:34 PM
Did you check under the plugin menu? Or in the export menu? (just wondering)

rezman
04-17-2008, 08:00 PM
I just reinstalled 9.5 and it showed up in the plugin menu. Strange.

Magnus81
04-20-2008, 12:58 AM
Next time that happens, just click on the add plugins button, navigate to the "input-output" folder, and select the "conv3d" file. This is the object format plugin for importing and exporting.

stanja02
05-28-2010, 07:34 PM
I am having the same problem here with Lightwave 9.6 and 9.3. I did both of the things suggested. I uninstalled both and reinstalled them as well as found the plug-ins and added them. Unfortunately, when I added them I could see it added every other format except obj. There doesn't seem to be a lot of other literature on the subject so I came here. Can anyone help me out.

Silkrooster
06-02-2010, 12:09 AM
Issues like this can happen if you are upgrading, as installing the new version does not over write the config files. Deleting the config files then run modeler and layout one at a time to recreate the config files. Also ctrl-f11 and scan directory and select the location of your plug ins to recreate the plug in config file.
Check out the Newtek FAQ Database. When asked for username and password, just hit cancel.

http://www.newtek.com/faq/?tree=true&category=75