PDA

View Full Version : How do i creat fur?

kasigawa
04-16-2008, 10:41 PM
Can anyone give me a link to a lightwave fur tutorial?
I would appreciate it. :lwicon:

Surrealist.
04-17-2008, 12:40 AM
Pretty good information on Saslite in the Manual you can download from your registration area. Or you can join the 9.5 beta. :)

But Saslite is pretty simple. You add it as a displacement plugin on the object and as an pixel filter in the Processing tab of the Effects panel. Default settings will give you something and you can use the manual to tweek from there.

Surrealist.
04-17-2008, 12:46 AM
Correction: The default settings will give you nothing until you tell it what surface to apply it to.

kasigawa
04-17-2008, 09:37 PM
I'm still new to plug-ins, and i've been working with lightwave for 2 years now.
Dose lightwave automatically come with Sasquach, or do i need to download the plug-in?

And if there's a possability that someone could give me a link so i can make fur or hair in modeler or layout, using a provided tutorial, that would be great. :lwicon:

Surrealist.
04-17-2008, 10:36 PM
Sasquatch Lite is included with LW in the places I told you you will find it. If you own Lw 9 you can sign up for the 9.5 open beta. In lightwave 9.5 you can do fur and you can get help with it on the forum.

And I was not clear about the manual. Right in the manual is good simple tutorial of how to use Saslite.

But if use Google, search the words saslite tutorial and you'll find plenty.

Also to clarify:

o for properties with object selected

choose "Add Displacement" find saslite

In both cases double click on saslite to bring up the panel

ctrl F8 for the Processing tab "Add pixel filter" and choose saslite

user5192
11-25-2008, 10:43 AM
Am I missing something or does mac 9.3.1 not have saslite?

Magnetix
11-25-2008, 11:04 AM
64 or 32bit?, pc 64bit= no saslite and I think it's the same on mac.....

archijam
11-25-2008, 03:52 PM
Am I missing something or does mac 9.3.1 not have saslite?

CFM only, Saslite is not UB compatible.

Nicolas Jordan
11-25-2008, 04:00 PM
If you have Lightwave 9.5 installed you can use Fiber FX although it is pretty buggy in the 9.5 release but may be sufficient depending on what you need to do with it. If you haven't already I would recommend joining the open beta for 9.5.1 and you will get access to a less buggy Fiber FX and can also help in the testing of it if you want.