PDA

View Full Version : How to make "rolled book(makimono)" paper animation.

rickson_tak
04-16-2008, 03:44 AM
Now I'm trying to make rolled book animation like a japanese traditional "makimono".:)
(This is makimono:http://images.google.com/images?sourceid=navclient&hl=ja&ie=UTF-8&rls=DBJP,DBJP:2007-18,DBJP:ja&q=makimono&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi)

In this animation, the paper must be closed completely in the begining of movie.
And after a while, the rolled book will start rolling and the paper will appear gradually.
When the movement stopped, we can read some information written on the paper.

Here, the problem I'm struggling is to roll the paper effectively which includes text UV texture.:oye:
(Please check out the attached zip file.)

Should I move that paper by using morphing?:hey:
Is there any good solutions to roll that paper??

I don't know the way that paper looks really natural in the Lightwave when they are rolling.:foreheads

Please let me know if you know the effective paper rolling animation.:help:

Incidentaly, I'm goin to make this movie full HD size(1920:1080).

Thank you very much in advance.

meshpig
04-16-2008, 05:25 AM
To roll the paper there are several options.

But first, the UV texture coordinates have to accommodate the paper as it's subdivided into many smaller polygons... so it will bend in the animation.

No problem; go to Maps/New UV Map and planar map the paper, assign the projection type to UV in (F5) surface editor, select the relevant map and also the image you want.

F4 twice in any viewport will give you the UV view, select the UV map from the T in the bottom right corner and there you have the means to modify the UV coordinates of the assigned image.

As for animating the book; quicker to look here for both the "carpet roll" morph and the "spline control" page turn:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77002

m

meshpig
04-16-2008, 05:42 AM
namely:-

ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/movies/w3dw/Carpet.mov

ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/movies/w3dw/pageturn.mov

m:)

rickson_tak
04-16-2008, 07:59 PM
Thank you very much for your quick reply, meshpig.:)

I'm checking the video and I think I can be put it into practice.
The "carpet" video tutorial is pretty close to what I have to do.
So, I'll manage it somehow seeing that video.:D

I really appreciate your advices.
Thank you very much.:)