PDA

View Full Version : Can not render anything out of VT5

mrceolla
04-15-2008, 07:38 PM
Help!

Man have I been having trouble w/ VT5. I miss VT4. Unless a large, free patch comes out, I may never come back to 5.

Onto my problem. I can not render anything out of VT5's SpeedEdit. As soon as I click Render from a timeline, VT becomes unresponsive and I have to go to task manager to force it to quit. This happens if I select all of my clips, right-click, and choose render, or if I just do it from the edit window menus.

What the hell is going on here? Please help.:help:

Mike

mrceolla
04-15-2008, 07:45 PM
P.S.

Selecting "Capture" from the main VT menu will lock things up too. Hmmm.

mrceolla
04-15-2008, 09:35 PM
Resetting my prefs did the trick...

mrceolla
04-19-2008, 07:58 PM
Actually, this continues to be a problem. Although a reset of prefs USUALLY re-enables my render and capture abilities, it soon disappears again. Possibly having something to do w/ the modules I have open:

2 speed edits
micro switcher
audio mixer
filebin
Monitor

Any clues?

Mike

Thalek
04-19-2008, 09:12 PM
I'm just a newbie, but I speculate that the two copies of Speed Edit may be causing the confusion. Sometimes, a program that was not designed to multi-task with itself is none the less capable of it. This can cause odd effects, as the program expects the resources it grabs to be exclusively available to it. If another copy of itself has already grabbed those resources, it can cause conflicts.

I don't know if that is the case here. Perhaps you could experiment and see?

ted
04-19-2008, 11:12 PM
Mrceola, While this might not have happened to you in VT4, this isn't a problem with VT5, rather something likely got messed up with your upgrage or somewhere along the way.
Was this a clean install on a new OS or an upgrade?
Has this been a problem all along?
This isn't happening to others. I wish you luck.