PDA

View Full Version : Bad rendering artifacts--why?

medicalart
04-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Image on the left shows rendering artifacts on turquoise surface. Image on the right is the correct render. I don't have any idea why frames are suddenly rendering this way. I've been ouputting Targa RGB franes, using LW 9.3.1 on a PC. Any ideas? Thanks.

iconoclasty
04-16-2008, 08:20 AM
I can't really tell. Can you upload something a little bigger, and maybe one with wires?

medicalart
04-16-2008, 05:11 PM
Here's a wireframe (left), normal render (middle), and unwanted artifacts showing (right). The bad render is of the same object, same scene, but it's the 2nd frame of the image sequence. Only the first frame renders normally. If I render a single frame, it looks fine.

Surrealist.
04-17-2008, 12:57 AM
So are you saying that if you render a single frame of the one that renders poorly in the animation that it is fine?

Do you have any morphs or bones applied or any deformers at all?

If not at this point I would be tempted to open a brand new scene and then load items from scene and see if it renders OK. If not I would do the same but only load certain items one at a time. Objects first, then lights etc.

It just looks kind of funky stupid and that could be a bad scene file or a bad LW config which would be my next plan of action. Assuming of course that there are no envelopes of any kind related to deformers in the scene.

medicalart
04-17-2008, 07:18 AM
That particular object is stationary, with no bones, morphs or plug-ins. There are plenty of bones, morphs and plug-ins in the scene however. Your suggestions for tracking down the problem are good, but I decided instead to render each frame one at a time since that worked.. It was a boring couple of hours...

Exception
04-17-2008, 07:21 AM
Can you share the scene and objects? We could take a look for you.

medicalart
04-17-2008, 07:47 AM
I'm afraid it would take too long to get everything together exactly as it is. I'm sharing the objects in a number of scenes with similar names. If I can replicate the problem with fewer objects, I'll post the scene and objects. Thanks for your offer, though.

RudySchneider
04-17-2008, 08:28 AM
Are you using the perspective camera? Your two "blobs" look like they may be separate meshes. Perspective camera doesn't seem to handle inter-spacial meshes very well: http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82921

Exception
04-17-2008, 08:39 AM
I'm afraid it would take too long to get everything together exactly as it is. I'm sharing the objects in a number of scenes with similar names. If I can replicate the problem with fewer objects, I'll post the scene and objects. Thanks for your offer, though.

Ah.. that's where you use this. It collects all things used in the scene and puts it in a nice structure in one folder for you to easily zip and send.
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78847&highlight=save+project

Surrealist.
04-17-2008, 09:08 AM
Are you using the perspective camera? Your two "blobs" look like they may be separate meshes. Perspective camera doesn't seem to handle inter-spacial meshes very well: http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82921

Interesting. I for one would like to know if this was the case.