PDA

View Full Version : NAB '08...South Hall has a new look?

JonCrowe
04-15-2008, 08:07 AM
Didn't make it to Vegas this year (first miss in nine years), but wanted to hear from those that did. How weird (or refreshing) was it not to see/hear Avid and Apple dueling at the entrance of the South Hall?

I'm guessing the convention center filled the space, if only by moving everyone else closer to the front. Anyway, just wondering what comments are buzzing around Vegas from the absence of these two.

Avebeno
04-17-2008, 11:39 PM
I want to know too - This is the first year I've missed ini the last 15+

ted
04-18-2008, 12:41 AM
You couldn't really tell that the two were missing by walking through. This was likely a great chance for others to gain access to front and center crowds.
The largest number of "missing" people seemed to be the 20 year olds that hang out as if NAB was a 4 day concert. (Nothing wrong with that). :)
But I don't think the amount of dollars spent is directly porportional to the lower attendance.
The floor seemed busy the 3 days I was there, but I didn't miss the enormous lines at the food bars, taxi lines and bathrooms.

Good show over all and I found many solutions to our new direction to live production/web delivery.