PDA

View Full Version : How do I shake a bogie?

omeone
07-21-2003, 09:09 AM
I've got a 2 bogies (the steering assembly of a train ;)) following an object, the main body of the train itself. One 10 metres ahead and one 10m behind.

The problem is when the train approaches a stop, the bogies start to move towards the origin of the parent object, I need to prevent that from happening.

Any ideas?
Yuo can check the setup here (http://vbulletin.newtek.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=51240)

any help appreciated
omeone

munky
07-21-2003, 11:45 AM
two things well three actually 1 have you parented stuff after you have moved any of it ? 2 do your bogies have tcb keyframes instead of linear and thirdly I downloaded your setup but it's gobeldygook to me (must be because I'm on a mac I think)

hope this is of some help

regards

paul

omeone
07-21-2003, 03:00 PM
Hi Munky,
Number 1, no, nothing is moved.
Number 2, no, there are no keyframes for the bogies at all, they are supposed to stay +/-10m from the centre of the train. I could understand them moving to the origin of the Tram if it was a time based expression, but the expression is based on distance along the actual motion path.
Number 3, Ive just checked this again on 7.5 and 7.5c, I dont know whats wrong...

omeone
07-22-2003, 04:40 AM
I got this sorted :) :)
Thanks Munky! I owe you one, you did lead me on the right track (haha).
The restart key had to be set to Linear Incoming and something else really weird.

Originally I was creating the restart key from the stop key.
For example if I wanted the train to stop on key 20 and wait until key 40 and then start again, I would simply create a key at 20 and copy it to 40.

I found the only way to make this work was to make both the keys (20 and 40) from the train's position at key 30. I have no idea why this works... if anyone can explain... please do!

munky
07-22-2003, 05:17 AM
very chuff chuff chuff chuffed to have sort of helped out

regards

paul