PDA

View Full Version : smartsound on sale

Verlon
04-14-2008, 10:01 PM
Right now, you can get Sonicfire Smartsound 4.5 for free with the purchase of two of the music disks. It includes a free update to 5.0 in June (the target release date). I would suppose the sale lasts until 5.0 comes out, but I am only a consumer with no insider knowledge.

Since many of us on these forums work with visual media, I thought we might benefit from some royalty free music that can be arranged to any needed length.

CreatvGnius
04-14-2008, 10:26 PM
Right now, you can get Sonicfire Smartsound 4.5 for free with the purchase of two of the music disks. It includes a free update to 5.0 in June (the target release date).
Hi, verlon. Who's making this offer? Got a direct link for the deal? TIA.
-PeterG

calilifestyle
04-15-2008, 01:22 AM
At their websit. But they also say get 4.5 now and get 5.0 free. so does that mean if you get the Music discs you 4.5 and well then get 5.0 when it comes out.

Holly sht their Music discs tracks are expensive just one is 99 bucks.

Verlon
04-15-2008, 01:23 AM
Sorry, the deal is direct from sonicfire...
www.smartsound.com

Also, when you register, you can download an additional song beyond the 2 CDs you purchase.

There is a demo if you're not sure the software is for you.

And yes, you get the music disks and 4.5 now, then 5.0 later.

calilifestyle
04-15-2008, 01:32 AM
Btw do you have to use their Music or can you import your own stuff. I have never seen this and its kind of confused me lol. thnx for pointing this out.

OK i see. i went through some of their tuts. so i get whats its about.

Verlon
04-15-2008, 01:57 AM
You have to use their music, BUT you can request that your own music (as in you wrote/composed etc) get converted to their format. Their is some info on that if you bounce around their site.

I assume this service is ... more expensive. I have not looked into it.

StereoMike
04-15-2008, 05:37 AM
On the site it reads:
"Buy 1 or more music discs and get Sonicfire Pro 4 Standard for FREE or Network for $199.95!"

Do you have to buy 1 or 2 disks?

mike

calilifestyle
04-15-2008, 11:45 AM
Just one for standard sonicefire pro4.5

CreatvGnius
04-15-2008, 11:52 AM
Just one for standard sonicefire pro4.5Then, would that mean that obtaining SonicFire 4 (note that's not 4.5) free, having purchased, say, two $99 dollar discs, prevents one from getting that shiny new, and soon-to-be-released SonicFire PRO 5 --
and for Free??

:stumped:

'So silent you could hear a pin drop!

Can't hear a "peep"! :chicken:
-PeterG

calilifestyle
04-15-2008, 01:58 PM
Well i know if you buy 2 cd you get network version for 175. i spent some time on thier website, reading. So if i get it right as long as you pick up sonicefire with or with out the cd you get version 5. I doubt ill pick this up, went thought their Music libraries and i didn't like them.

CreatvGnius
04-15-2008, 02:15 PM
Well i know if you buy 2 cd you get network version for 175. i spent some time on thier website, reading. So if i get it right as long as you pick up sonicefire with or with out the cd you get version 5. I doubt ill pick this up, went thought their Music libraries and i didn't like them.

What do you think of Sony Acid Pro 6 at $299 retail?
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=28335&accessory=true
What alternatives on the market, for software-based music scoring, do most of you folks like?

:hijack:
Rather than software, currently we're using a very intuitive hardware device made by Roland. It's the Roland MC-808. Great for quickly coming up with a royalty-free soundbed for animation and video projects, with some extremely engaging funk/house/trance/R&B/Rock grooves, et al.

The Roland MC 808 utterly will blow you away, in terms of the power under its shiny hood. Utterly intuitive to use to.

Some of you'll get a kick out of the audio fidelity of this unit: Wanna hear it? Go here:
http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?dsection=d_downloads&ObjectId=766
:jam:
-PeterG

Silkrooster
04-15-2008, 07:29 PM
The advantage of their music is that it works similar to Adobe's audition or soundbooth. Not neccessarily wave editing, but small music clips that are combined to make a composition. Each clip can be extented or shortened as well. Giving it the ability to give you a one of a kind composition.

But in the end there is nothing like being able to produce your musical scores, so the $99 per cd could pay for some music lessons. Your choice.
Silk

Verlon
04-15-2008, 11:50 PM
No offense Silk, but unless you were born with a gift on par with Mozart or Bach, $99 worth of lessons (is that 3 or 4 half-hour lessons in your area? its only 3 in mine.) isn't going to put you anywhere near being able to compose a decent score. And then there is the price of all those pesky instruments....

Smartsound is a tool. It may have a place in some people's toolbox. If so, this appears to be a decent time to consider it.

You could learn to code and write your own 3D application, too... or hand paint everything in MS Paint. I am not suggesting Smartsound is better than writing music. I am saying it is a convenent tool if you should need something like it.

Sekhar
04-16-2008, 12:03 AM
Those considering SS, also check out Sony Cinescore. I wavered between these two for a long time and ended up buying Cinescore because I thought the music is more customizable and sounded better. Also I'm hoping Sony has access to more/better artists/music. Both SS and Cinescore have trial versions.

CreatvGnius
04-16-2008, 07:17 AM
Those considering SS, also check out Sony Cinescore. I wavered between these two for a long time and ended up buying Cinescore because I thought the music is more customizable and sounded better. Also I'm hoping Sony has access to more/better artists/music. Both SS and Cinescore have trial versions.
Your post, Sekhar and the one preceding it, are worthy of serious consideration. Did you know that Sony is reported to be working on making their Cinescore product able to utilize the SmartSound song library?

I may have read that news (in Creative Cow, or eventDV, or Studio/Monthly -- hmmm, which magazine was it??) about 3 or 4 months or so ago -- but can't nail the source down, at the moment, as I'm working on a project here.

If anyone can update us (with a link?) on the progress of that joint-venture, please let us know here? TIA.

-PeterG

Silkrooster
04-16-2008, 06:48 PM
No offense Silk, but unless you were born with a gift on par with Mozart or Bach, $99 worth of lessons (is that 3 or 4 half-hour lessons in your area? its only 3 in mine.) isn't going to put you anywhere near being able to compose a decent score. And then there is the price of all those pesky instruments....

Smartsound is a tool. It may have a place in some people's toolbox. If so, this appears to be a decent time to consider it.

You could learn to code and write your own 3D application, too... or hand paint everything in MS Paint. I am not suggesting Smartsound is better than writing music. I am saying it is a convenent tool if you should need something like it.

You don't have to try to sell it to me, I already own a copy. I agree it is an excellent tool for short term use.
On the other hand, you don't need to go to an extreme either. It does not require someone the caliber of Bach or Mozart to compose an excellent peice(Though it don't hurt any either). There are a lot of excellent musicians some capable of writing their own compositions too.
Music is like most other type of arts it can be learned on your own If you are willing to put in the time.
Silk

calilifestyle
04-16-2008, 07:43 PM
Well last year i picked Magix music maker, i know i'm such a noob. but i haven't had a problem with it.
I think the only problem i have with these music library based software is the hip hop and RnB and house. it sounds so weird as if they never heard hip hop. Heres few things i made with Magix. i was just having fun. If you play the one titled Jungle fast i swear you will get dizzy. lol just click the link old sounds and download the zip. I would have just added it here but it wouldn't let me.

http://s12g.com/2008/04/17/beats/

Im not sure whats up with that face in the middle of the link. yes i know my beats are no where close to what you get with Sonicfire. I was just a bit confused at 1st what it did. Thanks again for heads up.

jaf
04-16-2008, 08:28 PM
Does this thread have a second page? I click on "2" or ">" and get the first page.

Of course, after I post this, it will push the page and I'll look foolish as usual.

StereoMike
04-17-2008, 01:34 AM
Funny thing, page#2 is also page #1...?!?!

Verlon
04-17-2008, 06:02 AM
getting the same thing here...

now that you have been verified and kept from looking foolish, I expect you not to have any self-esteem issues even if your dad didn't take you to the circus when you were little. :)

jaf
04-17-2008, 06:42 PM
Ah, I feel much better -- there is a page 2!

Guess the page counter starts at -2.