PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave and Vista Home Premium?

mysticpixels
04-14-2008, 08:00 PM
Hi all, I was just wondering if anyone is using LW on Home Premium? Does it run alright? I am on a shoe string budget and really can't afford Vista Ultimate, and I building a new system. I was considering XP Pro but it is more exspensive than Vista home even on Ebay. Also does SP1 make any differences?

RTSchramm
04-14-2008, 09:36 PM
Lightwave should work the same on all versions of Vista. I believe Windows Vista Premium should actually be the faster of the Vista version being that it doesn't have the overhead of the pricer versions of Vista, and I would run LW with the Aero Interface turned off.

I believe that Windows XP Sp2 is the best choice for speed at this point in time. I just reinstalled Windows XP SP2 because LW 9.x.x was too slow when I was manipulating complex scenes and object.

Vista has too many unresolved issues at this time, none of which that I came across were resolved in Vista Service Pack 1.

Although I'm not a MAC fan, I found that LW 9.x.x works much quicker on a MAC with OS X then with a comparable Windows XP or Vista computer. Maybe because the Mac OS isn't as bloated as the Microsoft versions are.

Rich

BeeVee
04-15-2008, 06:51 AM
I run LightWave on Vista Home Premium at home, with Aero turned on. It works fine and there are niceties you get with Aero such as the redraws happening when you move a window that don't happen if you don't have it on.

B