PDA

View Full Version : vt[5] crashes when opening V:drive

Steve Kirby
04-14-2008, 04:03 PM
I was capturing through speededit from my cannon g1 to my raid drive ...during this process, the vt program shutdown. I then reopened vt[5], and it did it again when I went through the same process. So I decided to capture to the C:drive. It worked fine. I then went to speededit to edit clips, now when I open my raid drive it shuts it down imediatly. I can open my raid from the desktop fine. But does not open at all in the vt[5] program. Here's another thing...I can open raid drive in CGdesigner, because it's opening cg files...if I change it to open all files, it shuts down. I don't know what else to do. Please help.:help:

jcupp
04-15-2008, 12:14 AM
You have corrupt files. You can try deleting the NewTek.info folder in the directory that is crashing the machine. If that doesn't work you will need to track down the actual bad file and delete it. Look for files with a size of 0 kb. You will need to do this from Windows obviously.

steveg
05-01-2008, 10:43 PM
Are there .mp3 files on yourV: drive? Do you have Nero DVD burning software on your Toaster computer. I am on a Nero rant right now. If you have Nero and open some folders or drives that have .mp3s on them it can crash the toaster. I spent a week of frustration to find this out. Some versions of Nero are deadly to VT5. Delete Nero and VT5 will work fine, if you have Nero.

kcpaul
05-06-2008, 06:05 AM
Are there .mp3 files on yourV: drive? Do you have Nero DVD burning software on your Toaster computer. I am on a Nero rant right now. If you have Nero and open some folders or drives that have .mp3s on them it can crash the toaster. I spent a week of frustration to find this out. Some versions of Nero are deadly to VT5. Delete Nero and VT5 will work fine, if you have Nero.

Great post. I did not realize the nero issue. I had the same issues with mp3 but did not realize the nero issue. Great info thanks.:agree: