PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having trouble viewing Newtek NAB stream?

mikala
04-14-2008, 01:00 PM
I have media player open and then minimize.
No sound even.
So no NAB stream viewing going on here.

beverins
04-14-2008, 03:15 PM
their server seems to have crashed as of 5:19 EST NYC

mikala
04-14-2008, 03:24 PM
She's going again

beverins
04-15-2008, 07:21 AM
I think its a real sad thing that Newtek refuses to show anything from Lightwave, save for a pre-recorded marketing pitch for 3DArsenal. OK, Don makes a logo from an EPS file. How about showing Lightwave's motionblur? How about showing the OpenGL DOF and motionblur? Like I mentioned in the other NAB thread.... maybe it's a bit disingenous, but they should show FPRIME making these logos and changing the lighting and stuff in REALTIME.

Look, maybe the people at NAB are editors and cameramen who don't wanna learn 3D, but comon - there ARE lots of people there who ARE jacks of all trades, and want to learn a little of everything. Show them what you got!! They're there for Tricaster, but make them WANT TO LEAVE with Tricaster and Lightwave 9.3 and 3DArsenal.

I think its only fair. You show Speededit and 3DArsenal at Siggraph, with ASININE LINES about "how hard it is to make 3D" at a show where people do 3D for a living. I think you should show Lightwave at NAB and have GOOD LINES about how The Tricaster truly is an all-in one production facility with all the power in one box to literally make ANYthing.

How about showing how easy it is to make new LiveSets in Lightwave?

Comon people. That you show 3DArsenal and Speededit at Siggraph but refuse to even admit that you have a powerful 3D package at NAB, save for it being an engine to run 3DArsenal... well, to me that's extremely frustrating and disheartening.

Not that anyone who plans these shows reads these rants anyway, I suppose.