PDA

View Full Version : Monitor Advice: Dell 2408WFP

Matt
04-14-2008, 04:50 AM
Hi All!

I've just bought a Dell 2408WFP 24" Widescreen Ultrasharp TFT. All in all, it's not bad, but there are few issues* with it that although I _could_ live with if I knew I could get it replaced when a new revision of the monitor (as happened with the 2407WFP model) or the same revision but not a duff one (assuming all 2408WFP's are not plagued with the same issues).

If not, I think I'll probably get a refund and do some much more extensive research into finding the right monitor.

So my questions are:

- Any recommended manufacturers / models to look at more closely?
- Does anyone else have the 2408WFP with the issues listed below?

* On-screen text too sharp, even at 50% setting
* Pinkish tint coming from lower left hand side
* Slightly brighter on left hand side
* Input lag is a whopping 46-60ms

Any advice would be appreciated, especially those with the same monitor, as I'm trying to find out whether the issues I have are common to this model.

Regards
Matt

cresshead
04-14-2008, 05:25 AM
sounds like a right bag of bolts...

and ususally dell monitors are really good so i think you have a duff one.
if it were me i'd ask Dell to pick it up and do a doorstep exchange for one that actually works better than a 1996 14" goldfishbowl:D

Glendalough
04-14-2008, 05:47 AM
Hi Matt,

I had a bad experience with a Dell (22) but they did take it back without any cost other than waste time and worry.

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79261

But now I'm stuck and plugging 2 computers into one monitor (keep swapping the USB keyboard) as don't know what to do.

Would like to buy a 24 Dell but I don't trust them. These must be a website with inside information somewhere, that is, info on what is the actual quality of the screen for each model as it changes with model and year.

Some think that Dell may be riding on their recent good reputation, and downgrading present models -keeping the model names the same. From what I can gather, last year's Dell 24 Ultrasharps were very good quality, I'd like to get a mint condition 2nd hand one, they have a 3 year guarantee in the EU which is good.

Glendalough
04-14-2008, 06:38 AM
It took Dell several revisions of the 2407WFP-HC to get it "right", which means a minimum of bad units with that revision number (A04).

The 2408WFP is not a downgrade as it uses a newer Samsung produced S-PVA panel and has a lot more inputs including HDMI and Display Port....

Where do you get this information? The Dell model and serial numbers can get very obscure, sometimes Ultrasharp is mentioned and at other times it's just a number. You wouldn't think a nice guy like Michael Dell would try anything.

Glendalough
04-14-2008, 07:02 AM
If you grill Dell hard enough, they'll eventually cough up what's on the inside. And this information is to be had in almost all serious online reviews.

The 2408WFP uses the same 8-bit S-PVA panel as the Samsung Syncmaster 245T. They have different features and electronics, but the panel itself is the same.

I'm not aware of specs changing at any time for a a given model. An S-PVA model will remain S-PVA and not suddenly change to a TN.

In the case of the new lineup, the UltraSharp 2408WFP is the S-PVA based monitor and the TrueColor E248WFP is the TN based monitor.

Thanks for all the info neverko!

Matt
04-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Can you actually feel the input lag yourself, or have you just read about it and seen those numbers?

I can 'feel' it, I spend all Saturday night / Sunday morning tweaking Crysis to see if I could reduce the effect of the lag, but even on really low settings the lag was obvious.

Gonna try a few different games to see if it's apparent on all of them.

Maybe get an Eizo?

I'm very tempted to bite the bullet and go for one of these:

Eizo FlexScan SX2461W
http://www.eizo.com/products/lcd/sx2461w/index.asp

Or maybe even one of these:

Eizo ColorEdge Premium CG241W
http://www.eizo.com/products/graphics/cg241w/index.asp

It took Dell several revisions of the 2407WFP-HC to get it "right", which means a minimum of bad units with that revision number (A04).

I've read that the 2407 had text issues that was fixed with a firmware update, I've never heard of monitors having firmware updates that you can patch yourself, so it must mean a physical revision (AXX) that you would need to swap your monitor for.

Would be great if you could patch it like you can for DVD drives.

JeffrySG
04-14-2008, 01:54 PM
How much more money are the Eizo monitors?

*Nevermind... they are quite a bit more (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?shs=eizo&ci=0&sb=ps&pn=1&sq=desc&InitialSearch=yes&O=deadEnd1.jsp&A=search&Q=*&bhs=t) I guess....

Lightwolf
04-14-2008, 04:01 PM
I can 'feel' it, I spend all Saturday night / Sunday morning tweaking Crysis to see if I could reduce the effect of the lag, but even on really low settings the lag was obvious.
Can you turn of Overdrive... depending on the processing electronics that can cause a delay of 2-3 frames (it decreases the grey-to-grey switching time, but the display then also needs to know what the next frames will look like to overshoot the voltages... which in turn causes a lag).

Quite evil if you want to do video editing... on sync.

Cheers,
Mike

Matt
04-15-2008, 02:35 AM
There is no option to turn off the Overdrive.

To be honest the input lag I could probably live with, I can notice it, but over time would get used to it. The biggest issue I have with the monitor is the pink tint / text sharpness, for a 455 quid monitor they shouldn't be there.

dweinkauf
04-15-2008, 09:43 AM
I read a lot of good things about the Gateway (I know, the name scares one, doesn't it?) 24" FHD2400 monitor and bought one directly from Gateway for $571.00 (the price included the monitor, taxes, shipping, and a 3-year warranty).

I can't say enough good things about this monitor. The picture is super once brightness is turned down a bit. Its inputs (that can be switched on the front of the monitor) include: VGA, DVI-D, S-video, composite video, component video, HDMI, USB 2.0 B (input), USB 2.0 A (output x 4). It also has both very simple manual and automatic programs to align it.

It is an absolutely super monitor.

Matt
04-15-2008, 12:37 PM
I've think I've decided I can't live the problems I'm seeing on this monitor, it's going back for a refund. Really annoyed, this will be second monitor I've had to send back for being utter crap (first was a Viewsonic one).

Looks like I'm going to have to do some more detailed research on this, and up the price bracket too.

It's interesting, it seems to be difficult to find a decent 24" widescreen monitor that doesn't have some issues, I'm wondering whether to drop down to 22", maybe that will open things up a little.

Dell should have paid more attention to the quality of the display rather than chucking a ton of pointless interfaces to the monitor on the back.

As you can tell, I'm not fking happy!

Re: Gateway, I just can't bring myself to even contemplate having such a horrible brand on my desk, sorry!

cresshead
04-15-2008, 12:50 PM
thought you might.... my friend has a good dell 24", bought it ages back so it's one of the 600 ones not the el cheapo dells in the lower price barcket.

i have an acer 24" and it's really cheap..it's 'okay' not anything great..but just wanted a large cheap monitor for video editing and playing my xbox360...my 22" lacie CRT still runs rings round it for quality picture mind you, on one of my other pc's.

you pay for what you get... iheard the samsung monitors are quite good...or go for the higher priced dell's

dweinkauf
04-15-2008, 01:17 PM
Re: Gateway, I just can't bring myself to even contemplate having such a horrible brand on my desk, sorry!

I have to tell you my first reaction was similar to yours. I also didn't want Gateway anywhere near my workstation. But reading all those rave reviews about the monitor forced me to take the chance with the proviso that Gateway would take it back if I wasn't satisfied. They agreed and I took the plunge. Having gone through about a dozen monitors over the past decade, I have to say this is the best one I've ever had.

cresshead
04-15-2008, 03:12 PM
what about apple monitors?

Matt
04-15-2008, 04:07 PM
I've not seen an Eizo in the flesh, but considering the price, the design of the units looks a little naff, the Dell one is actually quite an attractive design. Shame it has the issues it has, otherwise it would have been a great monitor.

BTW: I just hooked up my previous Sharp monitor in clone mode, ran Crysis, BIG difference in input-lag! My old monitor uses Sharp's proprietary "Advanced Super View" (ASV) panel, which is a variant on TN technology from what I can gather, but I have to say, it's pretty damn good actually!

gatz
04-15-2008, 04:46 PM
My 2408WFP just arrived. I have the previous gen 24", and I'm quite happy with it. Of course this thread started after I had placed the order for the 2408WFP so I was expecting a disappointment. Short story: it looks great. I haven't even calibrated (Huey Pro) it but it's pretty close to the calibrated monitor. No pink greys, no uneven lighting, haven't had a chance to game on it but it looks like a keeper.

I my come to grief when I use the HDMI input, but so far so good.

rg

Hopper
04-15-2008, 04:55 PM
Keep us posted .. I getting closer to getting a new system and was interested in this monitor also.

Glendalough
04-16-2008, 04:04 AM
Don't get me started on those.

Hi neverko,

We all know you're a great Apple enthusiast but aside from the extra cost (about 100-200) what is the downside?

It looks like they have better quality control, I read up on the 20 inch (600 Euro) and the only real complaint was the size was smaller (to some) than they thought. But maybe they were just diehard enthusiasts like yourself.

I'm glad that gatz here is happy with his Dell, but how many does one have to order before a good one comes in? Also maybe it's different in the Eurozone, a lot of these companies are more cavalier with euro customers which brings up the only downside I can see with Apple is why only the one year warranty?

What is the minimum for a superior Eizo around the 24 inch size (hey shouldn't this be metric?)

Qexit
04-16-2008, 07:02 AM
BTW: I just hooked up my previous Sharp monitor in clone mode, ran Crysis, BIG difference in input-lag! My old monitor uses Sharp's proprietary "Advanced Super View" (ASV) panel, which is a variant on TN technology from what I can gather, but I have to say, it's pretty damn good actually!Sharp have been producing rather good monitors for a long time, but not many people noticed because they associate the brand with cheap consumer products. I'm looking at one of their older 18" TFT screens as I type this and its great, though the only game I've played on it is Unreal Tournament (the original one !!) with absolutely no problems. I have a pair of Dell 1707FP 17" monitors hooked up to my LightWave PC that do a fairly good job with LW but are less than idea with 'that other app beginning with M' which prefers a widescreen format :D

mattclary
04-16-2008, 10:29 AM
I have always had good luck with Samsung LCDs.

Matt, you should go look at Newegg.com and read reviews written by the customers. Not sure if you can buy there, what with you living in the UK and all, but reading customer reviews can be very enlightening.

Matt
04-16-2008, 12:38 PM
My 2408WFP just arrived. I have the previous gen 24", and I'm quite happy with it. Of course this thread started after I had placed the order for the 2408WFP so I was expecting a disappointment. Short story: it looks great. I haven't even calibrated (Huey Pro) it but it's pretty close to the calibrated monitor. No pink greys, no uneven lighting, haven't had a chance to game on it but it looks like a keeper.

I my come to grief when I use the HDMI input, but so far so good.

rg

The pink tint is a fault, so not all 2408WFP's have it. Yours will have the over-sharpened text though.

Dell have announced that this will be fixed in the next revision of the monitor

Quite from Dell rep':

"We will be changing the sharpness increments to 10. Give us time. No eta."

From this thread:

http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=dim_monitor&thread.id=88607&view=by_date_ascending&page=2

Interestingly, Apple's 23" monitors also suffer from this pink tint problem (read the user reviews):

http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/ukstore.woa/wa/RSLID?fnode=home/shop_mac/mac_accessories/displays&revw=M9178

I wonder if flat screen technology just isn't good enough to cope with large sizes, are they pushing too hard too soon?

mattclary
04-16-2008, 01:21 PM
Odds are Dell and Apple get their panels from the same source. Part of what has always killed me about the Apple-User-Ego-Trip.

JeffrySG
04-16-2008, 04:21 PM
"We will be changing the sharpness increments to 10. Give us time. No eta."
From this thread:
http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=dim_monitor&thread.id=88607&view=by_date_ascending&page=2

Thanks for that link Matt, I didn't know about that forum... I've been waiting for positive reviews across the board here to get a larger monitor also. I'm really happy with my 19" dell ultra sharp but don't want to have less quality that what I have now.....

JeffrySG
04-16-2008, 04:29 PM
It was interesting how they said that they were going to switch the sharpness to 10% increments next, BUT why not set it to 1% increments???!!! It's not like you'll be doing it every day, you'll set it once and then leave it. Why not give users more control.

Matt
04-16-2008, 05:17 PM
Reason I went with this Dell was because my 19" UltraSharp at work has been excellent, seems they have dropped the ball on this one.

JeffrySG
04-16-2008, 05:24 PM
I don't think Dell even makes the DELL 1905FP Ultra sharp any more, other wise I would think about just getting another one and run with a dual setup...

Matt
04-16-2008, 05:30 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I can't get on with dual monitor setups!

JeffrySG
04-16-2008, 06:58 PM
^I've never used one myself, but it seems that I see so many pics of people who have them in their studios. I would definitely rather have a single large monitor also.

kilvano
04-16-2008, 07:06 PM
2 x 30" is the way to go. GregggTRex has them....i sometimes look at his desk when I get sick of staring at my laptop screen.

I will have a 23" Apple display soon (just dont tell my Mrs)!!!

Matt
04-17-2008, 04:26 AM
This 24" screen I'm about to send back is about the limit of what I could work with too, Lord knows how people get on with 30" screens, let alone two of them. I actually think over a certain size it _slows_ your workflow down.

This can be explained using Fitts' Law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fitts'_law

Thomas M.
04-17-2008, 05:09 AM
Just ordered an Eizo CG241W. You can hardware-calibrate it and it almost covers full Adobe RGB. My friend has one and is pretty happy with it.

Cheers
Thomas

Matt
04-17-2008, 05:14 AM
Just ordered an Eizo CG241W. You can hardware-calibrate it and it almost covers full Adobe RGB. My friend has one and is pretty happy with it.

Cheers
Thomas

Be interested to see how you get on with that, I was thinking of that one myself.

Lightwolf
04-17-2008, 05:17 AM
I actually think over a certain size it _slows_ your workflow down.
If the images you work with are 1080p HD or 2K, anything below a 30" will slow you down.
And having a large monitor doesn't mean you have to use a slow mouse. And if you use a tablet, the size of the monitor makes no difference at all.

Cheers,
Mike

Qexit
04-17-2008, 06:04 AM
If the images you work with are 1080p HD or 2K, anything below a 30" will slow you down.
And having a large monitor doesn't mean you have to use a slow mouse. And if you use a tablet, the size of the monitor makes no difference at all.

Cheers,
MikeHm, surely the resolution of the monitor will also be a major consideration rather than just its physical size ? I effectively have four monitors here: 3 x Dell 17" and 1 x Sharp 18". However, two of the Dells are 4:3 ratio with a native resolution of 1280 x 1024, the Sharp is the same, but the other Dell is a 17" widescreen (16:10 if I remember correctly) on my laptop with a resolution of 1920 x 1200. So what resolution monitor do you need for 1080p or 2K ?

Lightwolf
04-17-2008, 06:13 AM
Hm, surely the resolution of the monitor will also be a major consideration rather than just its physical size ?
Yes... but currently there's only so many panels, so you usually know the res by looking at the panel size.
I.e. 24" is 1920x1080, 30" 2560x1600, 22" (wide) 1680x1050 etc...

So what resolution monitor do you need for 1080p or 2K ?
If you want to work at full res, 30" is the only way to go. That leaves space for the app when working with 1920x1080 images, allows you to view 2 at 50% and even allows for pixel accurate 2K (2048x1556) - barely, but better than nothing.

It doesn't affect 3D work as much though.

Cheers,
Mike

SBowie
04-17-2008, 06:16 AM
If you want to work at full res, 30" is the only way to go.Who makes a good value in a 30" screen, Mike (i.e, respectable image quality and performance at less cost than you'd expect)?

Lightwolf
04-17-2008, 06:21 AM
Who makes a good value in a 30" screen, Mike (i.e, respectable image quality and performance at less cost than you'd expect)?
I suppose the new Dell is quite decent, apparently better than the similarily priced Samsung. I haven't seen the new ViewSonic yet, which is suppose to be quite good as well.

Cheers,
Mike

Qexit
04-17-2008, 06:22 AM
Thanks for the additional info Mike. Interesting to note that I can get 1920 x 1200 on a dinky little 17" screen on my laptop but need to move to a 24" or 30" monitor to get nearly the same or better for a desktop PC. Methinks they could do better :D

SBowie
04-17-2008, 06:24 AM
One of my twin CRTs died a little while back. I couldn't replace it with an identical unit, and the lower res of 24's seems unlikely to make up for the loss (I often have so many apps and docs open it's a nightmare.) Going to look at the 30's, in hopes that prices have fallen a bit since the last time I did so.

Lightwolf
04-17-2008, 06:25 AM
Thanks for the additional info Mike. Interesting to note that I can get 1920 x 1200 on a dinky little 17" screen on my laptop but need to move to a 24" or 30" monitor to get nearly the same or better for a desktop PC. Methinks they could do better :D
Well, there is quite a difference in image quality... laptop screens always seem to look like a decent desktop LCD of two generations ago.
Then again, I know a few people who'd like to see a 17" 1920 desktop display. Mind you, you do tend to sit closer to a laptop.

Cheers,
Mike

Matt
04-17-2008, 05:54 PM
Well, I've packed up the Dell in it's box ready for the courier tomorrow. Back on the 19" non-widescreen!

I already miss the size! I feel like a gynaeocologist!

kilvano
04-17-2008, 06:04 PM
I feel like a gynaeocologist!

Because they all use widescreen monitors?

I would love a 30" but for moneys worth 24" is the way to go. In canada I can get a 24" Samsung for $450ish but the 30" are about $1300 plus taxes.

The samsung has 10,000:1 contrast ratio which is awesome for colours. Im just waiting for fund to go up a bit before buying

avkills
04-18-2008, 07:41 AM
I have a 30" Apple monitor and I can tell you it is very nice. The color and tint is uniform across the entire display. At first I thought the size was going to be too big like you say Matt, but it isn't. It literally rocks. I was so used to 2 monitor setups, and I have to say I like the big single 30" a lot better.

The only downside is the Apple premium and that you need a GPU with a dual link DVI port.

I have not checked out the Eizo monitors, but LaCie makes some nice ones also I think, but they pull a premium price as well.

At work I have a pair of old school NEC LCDs, and apart from the dead pixels and the one that has a serious backlight issue; they look a lot better than I thought they would. The newer 19" Dell monitors that run the same resolution look like *** compared to them (once you take away the known issues with the NECs --- they are tired from rentals is all), which is surprising.

When I get to price out my next edit system, there is almost certainly going to be a 30" cinema in there, as well as a nice reference HD monitor. Although HP is supposedly coming out with a 30bit display, so I am going to keep my eye on that as well.

-mark

Matt
04-18-2008, 08:41 AM
Courier has now picked up the Dell, so I'm officially on the look out for something better. Hopefully I'm going to be able to take a hands on look at some Eizo / NEC and Lacie monitors next week.

These guys are having an 'open day':

www.colourconfidence.com

avkills
04-18-2008, 05:33 PM
I would like some feedback on the Eizo 30" Matt. Looks tempting...

-mark

Matt
04-18-2008, 09:42 PM
Will report back if I make it to the event!

dweinkauf
04-21-2008, 09:42 PM
Mattclary suggested going to Newegg.com to read customer evaluations of the various monitors. Since I was curious, I did just that, looking at both customer comments and specifications for the 24" Eizo, NEC, Samsung, Lacie, and Gateway (that I own and recommend). All of the monitors (except the Lacie with no customer comments) had Newegg's highest rating of 5 eggs. With some differences, all monitors had similar specifications. The monitor with the highest contrast ratio was the Samsung at 10,000:1. The monitors with the lowest contrast ratio were the Lacie and Eizo Flexscan/CG241w monitors at 800:1 and 850:1. All other monitors, including the Eizo CE240w, were 1,000:1. The monitor with the greatest number and variety of inputs and outputs (including HDMI) was the Gateway (the Eizo, NEC and Lacie had no HDMI inputs). The prices in ascending order were: Samsung ($469.99); Gateway ($479.99); NEC ($519.99); Eizo ($1,371.96+ depending on model); Lacie ($1,899.99). Again, I can't say enough good things about my Gateway, but based on what I read, I have to say the Samsung 2493HM monitor with its 10,000:1 contrast ratio and low price is something to look into.

kilvano
04-22-2008, 12:06 AM
You may also want to look at the samsung 25.5" one too...same price but an extra 1.5"

RedBull
04-22-2008, 02:41 AM
If you are not happy with the Dell get the NEC, they have better processing like the Eizo, except the Eizo's are using the same SPVA panel of the Dell, Certain NEC models with 12bit gamut have S-IPS panels, and are definately great, if not a little expensive... They are sold on the Dell USA website. (Hugs own S-IPS Panel) :)

Oedo 808
04-22-2008, 04:39 AM
I've heard too many conflicting reports about the Dell to be happy with it as my first choice. If I can go for that price bracket I'm considering the Hazro HZ24W, though I'm not sure if going for a relatively inexpensive S-IPS is a good move.

If I'm poor after piecing the rest of my system together I'll probably go for the Yuraku YV24WBH1, it's not going to be an amazing display, but is supposed to be great value at ~200.

Top of the range is out of the question right now, but I guess I don't really need something like that at this stage.

JeffrySG
04-24-2008, 11:39 AM
I just got back from a Mac shop and they had a Dell 2407WFP on display there on a Macmini. It was in a bright room and there was a colorful desktop picture but the screen looked pretty nice to me. I should have checked it out on a solid gray image, but even small text looked pretty good. I still might give the 2408 a shot in a month or two if nothing else seem to be a good buy.

mav3rick
04-25-2008, 02:34 AM
u'll not miss with dell... i own 24" wide and i am satisfy.... looking forward to 30 " but that will happen next year

JeffrySG
04-25-2008, 07:57 AM
I'd wait until there's a fully confirmed A01 revision out and shipping, which might very well happen within that timeframe. As I've said earlier, mine has a slightly brighter left side under certain conditions, but other than that I'm quite happy with mine. When an A01 appears, and if it has none of the issues mentioned here, I'll push for an exchange.

Until then I'd skip the 2408WFP as it's quite a lottety at this time and the odds aren't too hot with the A00 revision.

What's the best way to really find out what revision the monitors are on? I feel that that info isn't really listed ever. Do I need to go to those Dell forums that Matt was posting on? Thx for the advice too! :)

JeffrySG
06-09-2008, 09:17 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows if the Dell got updated with the firmware revision A01?

Hopper
06-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows if the Dell got updated with the firmware revision A01?
I called sales a week ago - no go. No estimate either. It was like pulling teeth to make the rep actually go do the 30 seconds worth of research to find out.

JeffrySG
06-09-2008, 10:03 PM
I called sales a week ago - no go. No estimate either. It was like pulling teeth to make the rep actually go do the 30 seconds worth of research to find out.

Thanks for the update Hopper... I always feel that once you ask someone on the phone something that is out of the norm, they just don't know how to handle it. But we're sorry. Sometimes we really need to know things on products were going to buy. Deal with it. You're here to help us!

I think I might take a chance and get this monitor even before the firmware update. I'm in real need of a larger monitor and really can't wait much longer. I really wish they had this fixed and updated already!!!

Matt
06-10-2008, 09:28 AM
All I can say is, DON'T get the A00 revision of the 2408WFP, you won't be happy with the text sharpness at all, and you run the risk of getting one with the colour issues I had.

JeffrySG
06-10-2008, 09:50 AM
All I can say is, DON'T get the A00 revision of the 2408WFP, you won't be happy with the text sharpness at all, and you run the risk of getting one with the colour issues I had.

Damn you Matt! :devil: You and all of your intelligent recommendations! ;)

Did you end up getting a different monitor to replace your Dell? I think I saw a 2407WFP at a store and it looked ok, I wonder if it didn't have the same issues that the 2408 has.....

The Dommo
06-10-2008, 03:53 PM
I believe Apple's 30" monitor is an LG panel.... not that that probably sways any discssion on Dells or Samsungs!

I'm after a cheapo Dell E248WFP just to use mainly for LW (wide so can have layer and numeric panels safely to one side) and possibly so basic HD movie viewing. Will still use CRT as the primary monitor on this system.

Matt
06-10-2008, 04:11 PM
Damn you Matt! :devil: You and all of your intelligent recommendations! ;)

Did you end up getting a different monitor to replace your Dell? I think I saw a 2407WFP at a store and it looked ok, I wonder if it didn't have the same issues that the 2408 has.....

Not sure about the intelligent bit, just experience from having one!

No, I didn't get a replacement, send it back for a refund.

I heard the later revisions of the 2407WFP were okay, but hard to get hold of now.

JeffrySG
07-21-2008, 12:28 PM
OK, well... just to let everyone know I ended up finding an older 2407WFP at my local Mac shop. I really needed a larger monitor and didn't want to get a bad 2408 so I found a 2407 at the shop that they had on display out in the shop. I looked it over and checked for quality issues and then asked if they would like to sell it... and they were happy to get rid of it. So, I'm happily running 1920x1200 now and the monitor looks great.

Matt
07-29-2008, 08:42 AM
Anyone heard / used one of these monitors?

Hazro HZ24W 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Silver Aluminium
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-003-HO

Actually looks half decent and uses S-IPS! Any good? All seems a bit too good to be true.

Matt