PDA

View Full Version : Object sequencer has no U.I

luke
07-21-2003, 05:43 AM
Hello,

I need to use the 'Object Sequencer' within Object properties, as I want to replace my model at a certain point in the scene. However, when I select 'Object sequencer' in the pull down menu nothing happens. I believe that my plug-ins are loaded properly... how do I get to use this facility?

P.S I have just noticed that when I go to 'edit plug-ins', "Object Sequencer" is there, but has an asterisk next to it - and in brackets - the comment "No UI"... so I guess that's my problem! I need to find the UI!

Julian Johnson
07-21-2003, 12:39 PM
I'm not in front of my Mac at the moment, but when this came up before it turned out that the plugin does work even with the 'no ui' message. You just need to follow the numbering/naming conventions outlined in the manual...i.e. box000.lwo, box001.lwo....

On the PC there's no GUI either.

Julian

munky
07-21-2003, 01:12 PM
just to let you know that if you have 7.5 or 7.5b the object loader plugin is not available for OSX but it is in 7.5c as I had a look today and couldn't find it and the guys at newtek told me the above . So if you need to use it ( and it's very handy) then you will need to be using 6.5 7.0 or 7.5c if you are using OSX (and why wouldn't you be)

tip if you want to have an object hold for x frames just number the next object at the next frame number you want to load your next object from

ie: bob001 bob002 bob012 object bob002 will hold till frame 11

hope this is of use

regards

paul

luke
07-22-2003, 03:00 AM
Thanks for the help. I did manage to get it working but in the end I gave up and just created two scenes instead (switching the the model 'manually'). I was chuffed to at least get the plug-in working for a while however. I found that the pull-down menu would not work until I rendered a frame, at which point it seemed to 'see' the next model. But I went on to have further problems e.g the replacement model (Which had 2 layers) would load Layer 1 twice (and not Layer 2). When I thought I had cracked it (and Layout showed no signs of problems) I tried a network render on one machine (Dual G4) and it seemed that one cpu was correctly loading the new model, but the other wasn't!

Anyway, I had to get on and couldn't experiment anymore... I hope to sort this out though as 'object replacement' is something that I will need a lot. I think that I have a problem with the HUB apart from anything else!