PDA

View Full Version : Set the default subpatch display level in layout?

JeffrySG
04-13-2008, 05:20 PM
The default subpatch display level is 3 in layout. Is there a way to change this default value?

I almost always lower my display levels in layout to 1 or 0 for better performance, but every time I update my model and have to re-load them into layout, I need to go through and update all of my display levels (and render levels too, but I can understand doing that).

Thanks!

Surrealist.
04-14-2008, 06:22 AM
Try and edit the LW9 config. Seems like it will work

AlphaImageFormat 0
DefaultDisplayLevel 3
DefaultRenderLevel 3
SerialPortName COM1:
RecordSetup1 (none)
RecordSetup2 (none)

serge
04-14-2008, 06:40 AM
Just a tip (not exactly the answer to your question), in case you didn't know, when you select all objects in your scene, and click on Object Properties, even though you see the properties of only one of the objects, when you change the Subpatch level it will apply to all objects in the scene.

JeffrySG
04-14-2008, 07:12 AM
Ok, thanks guys! I didn't know about either of those things. I'll give them both a shot!

--J

Surrealist.
04-14-2008, 07:38 AM
Sorry jeff, I though you knew that one too. You can also use the property cells in the new scene editor as well for object properties and you can adjust the display subpatch there.

But what I was thinking you were referring to was when you load up a large object or a bunch of layers in a object it can slow LW down to a crawl and you have to wait for all of that to settle before you do anything. I would usually just wait it out then immediately change all of the display levels. But your idea is better. I was thinking along the same lines but had never gotten around to looking at the config to see if it was possible.

JeffrySG
04-14-2008, 10:36 AM
^If the config. method works, that's probably the way I'll go, but it's nice to know I can change multiple items at once too. :)