PDA

View Full Version : TriCaster and "live" on-air graphics

brians0105
04-13-2008, 04:20 PM
Hi, I am used to using a VT5, which has the CG Designer.

Someone I work with wants to start an online game show similar to PlayMania or Midnight Money Madness (check them out on YouTube.) I want to use NewTek's products for this project, but I think the TriCaster series might limit us.

I am used to using a VT. The VT has the CG Designer, which can be outputted live and even keyed as a DSK. Does any model of TriCaster have this ability.

Since these "quiz" shows are graphic heavy and need to be changed on the fly, it would be essential that we could add-to or remove letters/words from, say a crossword puzzle.

So basically I'm asking if the CG Designer can be keyed live during a production in any of the TriCaster models. And does anyone have any suggestions or experience with a similar project?

Thanks much!

Brian

brians0105
04-13-2008, 04:55 PM
Let me clarify a little bit just in case you watch any of the PlayMania videos on YouTube.

I'm not necessarily asking if the TriCaster/VT is possible of doing the flying on graphics, etc... but simply if the TriCaster can output live graphics that can be updated in real-time from the CG Designer.

Thanks

Chicago Skip
04-14-2008, 02:32 PM
Brian,
When you first create the CGDesigner graphic, lower third, etc., in the Edit Text module you have the option of saving the page or the project for live production as a template. It ends up in the list of templates that you load into the text module of Tricaster under the heading Text Page with refernces to the page number in your project. It does create a thumbnail for you to differentiate the pages. You then treat it like any other template, including the restrictions on size, typestyle and placement.
If you leave the LIVE Production module during a program to make another template in the Edit Text module rather than the LIVE Production module the live video output goes to black and you are essentially off the air until you restart the LIVE Production module.
At least that is what we experience.

brians0105
04-14-2008, 02:49 PM
Okay, thanks for your input! We might have to use a VT then if we can get our hands on one.

SBowie
04-14-2008, 03:19 PM
Watch for mention of "LiveText" this week ....

brians0105
04-14-2008, 04:07 PM
Yep, I was just watching the stream online and read about the LiveText new option last night.

SBowie
04-14-2008, 04:19 PM
LT is pretty dang cool. I think it could really ease the load on some of those guys who always wished for another pair of hands. There's only so much room at one box ...