PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen this Bug!

Kelgor
04-13-2008, 03:22 PM
This is new to me.
Some kinda edge confusion with every camera except the classic camera.
:help:

Oh and the little DOS window, that's an added bonus I just got trying to post this pic while rendering. Don't worry about that I'm sure it's an intel issue.

Kelgor
04-13-2008, 03:29 PM
Forgot to circle the areas of interest haha

RudySchneider
04-13-2008, 03:48 PM
Looks like you may have flipped faces, not confused edges. Perhaps another (closer) angle would help.

Kelgor
04-13-2008, 04:55 PM
I'll put the .lwo and .lws up in 2 hours, right now my work blocks me from uploading any attachments. :compbeati

Sorry about the wait. and thank you for repling so quickly.

Kelgor
04-13-2008, 06:32 PM
All right, it won't let me upload the lwo file because it says it's invalid so i'll get a close up.

Kelgor
04-13-2008, 06:44 PM
the F'd up one was rendered with the Perspective Camera, the one that looks ok was rendered with the Classic Camera.

Kelgor
04-13-2008, 06:54 PM
Pardon my impulsive personality today.
Here is the Object File

RudySchneider
04-13-2008, 07:44 PM
Does it for me, too.

It looks to me like your poblem may be due to trying to have two meshes occupy the same space. That is, you've got a cube (the smaller one with "windows") placed in the same space as a larger cube. It seems that the perspective camera is having some sort of conflict with the surfaces that are supposed to be hidden.

I suggest that, rather than "nesting" these together, that you use the knife tool on the smaller cube, then extend the the faces out to the same place as where you intended the outer faces to be.

Kelgor
04-13-2008, 07:50 PM
In the back of my head I was thinking, "nah... it's gotta be more complicated than that." But I'll definitely do that right now and post my results.

RudySchneider
04-13-2008, 07:54 PM
I tried it, and it worked for me...

Kelgor
04-13-2008, 08:04 PM
Yup, that's a fix! Ahhh that feels so good. Have you encountered this one before Rudy?

oh by the way, ... if i could just say; you rock man. thank you.

RudySchneider
04-13-2008, 08:22 PM
You're welcome, glad I could help. Can't say I've ever run into this particular problem, though, primarily because I try to model complete meshes, rather than combining them. Then again, I DID learn that the perspective camera is less forgiving than the classic camera.