PDA

View Full Version : Object reverting to old version of Layer.

luke
07-21-2003, 05:36 AM
Hello,

I have an odd problem in that when I press F9 to get render my scene, and see how my model "CarltonSport2: Carlton" looks with it's new surfacing, what I get is "CarltonSport1: Carlton"! (which is the previous version of this model). Accordingly, immediately after the frame has rendered my Lightwave GUI is updated and layer 1 of my model changes to "CarltonSport1: Carlton" (Layer2 of the model is fine, it remains updated). My first thought was that the scene information file wasn't being updated properly so I checked in a text editor, and sure enough the old object was there. So I manually updated the text and tried again. It didn't work though, as soon as I try and render, the old layer 1 comes back. I can't update my model! This has never happened before... Any ideas?

Julian Johnson
07-21-2003, 12:35 PM
Sounds similar to when you have the object sequence replacement plugin on for an object. Although Layout won't update the OGL display with object replacement on as soon as you hit F9 it does update to the object currently called by the object replacement plugin. Is it possible you've left object sequence on? Your models looks as though they're numbered sequentially...

Julian

luke
07-22-2003, 03:04 AM
Julian,

Yes...thanks for that, I think you may be right. I managed to sort the problem out via a process of dublicating, renaming and reloading. However i had been looking at Object replacement and Object sequencer yesterday and after having problems with both it is quite likely that I did as you suggest!