PDA

View Full Version : Hyperbike Concept

Cozfx
04-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Heres a bike concept I created for a project. It still could use some detailing but tell me what you think of the idea. -Coz

ZumoWrestler
04-12-2008, 12:57 AM
Great idea! They look good too. Since this is a concept here are a couple things you might think about improving.

I'm not sure exactly how you would go about riding it. I have an idea on how I might be able to but not exactly sure. Might either want to place a person on there or make it more noticeable as to where you sit and go about riding it.

I think thats the same bike, but when the bike is in 'hover mode' I guess you could call it, logically it doesn't make sense because it seems like the front end would be leaning down, so I guess if you could bring those 'hover pads' to the same height as the ones in the back or brings the ones in the back up? I'm not sure.

Just a couple ideas you might want to think about. Hope that helped.

pumeco
04-12-2008, 07:43 AM
Good idea, Cozfx. I like the concept of the shocks, not so much the floating aspect, but for use on the road that's a really neat idea. Not only would they act as regular shock absorbers, but 'sprung' front and rear impact protection as well.

Neat :thumbsup:

flakester
04-15-2008, 10:14 AM
I really like the general idea and form........ especially the shocks as others have already mentioned.

But I have to throw my spanner in the works on one point; in road mode, it looks as though you stand a chance of melting the rear tyres [or tires] with hot gases from the exhaust.

Other than that, yep - great work, and a very nice render style to boot.

flakester.

calilifestyle
04-15-2008, 02:04 PM
i had a RC car with shocks like that. it got stuck everywhere. i had to go back out and buy a really one with the shocks on the top so the bottom of the chassis would not get stuck on small rocks. hehe. i like the 2nd model it looks like a hover bike.

Cozfx
04-27-2008, 08:25 PM
Thanks all! The general science behind the concept is thrust through the integrated engine wheels and forward velocity with the large engine during hover mode.

I love sci-Fi...i can make up any thing I want :)

here is the cruiser with the same tech and some closeups. It was part of a school project to finish my Degree in Graphics (at last).

-Coz

Credit to Marko Dabrovic for the Sponza Atrium Model. :thumbsup:

Hopper
04-27-2008, 09:15 PM
I love this model. Very ingenius and wonderful styling.

If I were to change one thing, it would be the intakes. For such an elegantly shaped vehicle, they are a bit harsh and abrupt.

Not to intrude on your creativity, but how 'bout something like this? (Even flipped vertically might look cool).

Cozfx
04-27-2008, 09:36 PM
I like the idea for the intakes. I'll work a few designs. The original idea for the intakes was to give it a sense of power with the large beefy intakes. Thx for the tip! -Coz

Hopper
04-27-2008, 10:31 PM
Hmmm beefy ... How about making them have a "big mouth" kind of look.

This isn't exactly the shape I was thinking of, but I still had modeler open and just stretched the bottom a bit.