PDA

View Full Version : windows and mac

3dworks
07-21-2003, 01:45 AM
I was wondering how many Windows and Mac users are using LW?!

Red_Oddity
07-21-2003, 04:00 AM
You might aswell delete this stupid thread (no offence) but if you really are doing a poll, don't limit the options to options that are nothing more than flame bait (how about, the 'both' option? heck, where's the amiga option?:p )

pauland
07-21-2003, 04:03 AM
Yes, this has to be a useless poll.

gjjackson
07-21-2003, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Red_Oddity
You might aswell delete this stupid thread (no offence) but if you really are doing a poll, don't limit the options to options that are nothing more than flame bait (how about, the 'both' option? heck, where's the amiga option?:p )

People still using Amiga's??

jcool
07-21-2003, 07:42 AM
Yes, a both option should be added. I'd hate to favor one platform over the other... ;)

Aegis
07-21-2003, 08:15 AM
People still using Amiga's??

Every day on every job :D

3dworks
07-21-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Red_Oddity

hmm, sorry, i didn't like to start a platform war here... i think we are over this already, no? ;) simply my interest was to find out, if the number of lightwave users using macs (like myself) reflects the same OS proportions of other 'creative' areas. maybe the poll result could be interesting too for plugin developers - still many plugins are not developed for macs, maybe the result of such a poll can give some more marketing orientation.

amiga users? :D hehe, would like to add this (and the 'both' answer), but it's possible to edit polls only to moderators. so please, if you read this, you may add this please as additional options to the poll?!

best regards

markus
www.3dworks.com

pauland
07-21-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by 3dworks
my interest was to find out, if the number of lightwave users using macs (like myself) reflects the same OS proportions of other 'creative' areas.

Since only a subset of users will actually read this thread and a smaller subset still will actually contribute to the poll, it's not possible to get anything like an accurate representation.

Who's to say that Amiga LW users won't dominate because they just like to stand up for anything Amiga LW related?

I don't think plugin developers will see this as much use either - they can guage platform interest by other means.

The poll is already skewed because I haven't voted ;-)

Paul

3dworks
07-21-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by pauland
Since only a subset of users will actually read this thread and a smaller subset still will actually contribute to the poll, it's not possible to get anything like an accurate representation.

dear paul, if it would be like this, no polls at all would be ever make sense on this forum... in my opinion it's more about having some fun voting and some more or less interesting feedback, which each one interested can interpret as he/she likes.

so, why not just vote and take it easy? :)

cheers

markus