PDA

View Full Version : How to install the 9.3 and 9.3.1 updates?

RedRowan
04-11-2008, 09:31 AM
Hi All,

I have a query regarding installing updates. I have just purchased a copy of Lightwave 9. I installed it from the disc and then set up my license key and such. Once that was done I downloaded the 9.3 and 9.3.1 updates from my downloads page and installed them by dragging the folder into my applications folder (I’m using a new MacBook Pro so downloaded the UB version).

The problem is I now seem to have two copies of Lightwave in my applications folder. The original is in a folder named ‘Newtek’ while the two updates have created a new ‘Lightwave 9’ folder. Is this correct, or should I have dragged the new files into the original folder? Been a long time since I worked with Lightwave (used to have an academic license for version 6) and that was back on a pc so the installation procedure was very different.

Many thanks

Steve

Chilton
04-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Hi,

The one in the NewTek folder is the old-style CFM version. We are actively maintaining it as a convenience to our users who rely on older plug-ins that are incompatible with the UB version.

The one in the LightWave 9 folder should be the UB version.

-Chilton

RedRowan
04-11-2008, 01:55 PM
Hi Chilton,

Thanks for that. If I simply wish to work with the UB version, I can just ignore the Newtek folder then?

Steve