PDA

View Full Version : Large Monitor Poll

Wes McAtee
04-10-2008, 09:17 PM
I was wondering what the largest monitor be used is and is there any pixelating or distortion to the monitors or text. Are the preview monitors large and sharp enough? Is a 36 to 42" monitor too large? What is the largest you are using and are happy with. What is the limit?

jcupp
04-11-2008, 07:04 AM
I'm not sure I quite understand what your asking.

I run my TriCasters with a 17" monitor for the interface and if I use an external video monitor it's a 14" Sony CRT. 36" or larger is probably way overkill for the TC and not exactly portable!

NVentive
04-11-2008, 07:24 AM
Keep in mind that many of us take out TCasters out on location, where a big monitor can be a liability. I'm an older phart and like big print -- the monitors on my "regular" editors are so big I often loose the mouse pointers on the darn things. There's no way I would put one of those on the TCaster, because a) it would be cumbersome (and therefore risky) to transport, and b) it would probably not fit in many of the places I need to set up.
The TCasters are built with good stuff, and would probably support a huge monitor if you choose to do so, but you might be hurting your portability in the process.:stop:

Wes McAtee
04-11-2008, 06:32 PM
My post was just a little hard to understand. This monitor will be in a church set up not portable. I was wondering if using a large monitor say larger than 32" would cause the TC skin to distort, pixelate or look bad compared to a smaller monitor like 24". I have not attempted to hook them up and I wanted some advice before I purchase a large monitor.

Wes

jcupp
04-12-2008, 08:09 AM
The TriCaster runs at either 1024x768 or 1280x1024 depending on model so it's going to be scaled on a large monitor which will cause it to look soft. The interface is designed for 4:3 so if you use a wide screen monitor it will be stretched.

amospro
04-12-2008, 05:46 PM
The interface is designed for 4:3 so if you use a wide screen monitor it will be stretched.

I could be wrong but I don't think that statement is true for the newer modles. I asked this in a different thread and it appears they have upped the resolution on the newer models. I have a 21" widescreen hooked up last night and it looked great. The startup splash screen was whack but the interface looked great.

jcupp
04-13-2008, 08:53 AM
Well, I'm a thousand miles from my TriCasters right now but the interfaces look correct on 4:3 monitors as well. Maybe there i some magic in there that adjusts the aspect of the interface automatically.