PDA

View Full Version : U2 3d

COBRASoft
04-10-2008, 04:13 PM
Hey all,

I just went to U2 in 3D at the local cinemas here in Belgium. although is has nothing to do with LightWave or so, I must say, it is really nice done. The 3D is much better than in Beowulf. It's a nice compilation of several concerts, but it is too short (about 1 hour and 20 minutes).

Greetings,
Sigurd

harlan
04-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Yeah I saw it here in the states earlier in the year, it's an amazing film... I highly recommend everyone check it out if you have a chance.

hrgiger
04-10-2008, 08:32 PM
My girlfriend and I went to see it and while I liked the film, I was underwhelmed by the 3D aspect of it. Besides an occasional guitar in your face or microphone stand that seemed to be close enough to touch, I didn't think it was worth putting the 3D glasses on for. I only kept them on because it was fuzzy if you didn't have them on. Seemed like a lot of it was pretty wide shots that didn't really showcase the whole 3D aspect.

Also could have used more of Achtung Baby. If I can count this one, this is my 4th time seeing U2.

COBRASoft
04-11-2008, 04:06 AM
Well hrgiger, like I said, compared to Beowulf, the 3D was a lot better. Also, this is the first live concert done in 3D as far as I know, so I think they did it well. It is quite a new method for the big public and I'm sure it will only get better in the coming years...