PDA

View Full Version : Expanded input VM

Sound Man
04-10-2008, 12:46 PM
With the advent of the Tricaster Studio it would be nice to have 10 input selector buttons on a VM-Studio Device. This would reflect the 3 new inputs and the VCR2 additions.

Also, as part of the upgrade from Trocaster Pro to the Tricaster Studio could you include new button faces for the currant VM?

Bob

CreatvGnius
04-10-2008, 04:27 PM
With the advent of the Tricaster Studio it would be nice to have 10 input selector buttons on a VM-Studio Device. This would reflect the 3 new inputs and the VCR2 additions.BobNewTek is already on it. I would have hoped that by now, you may have read some ruminations of the planned release of NewTek's new, RS-12 remote switcher module, that's soon to amaze, Bob.

That device, to my knowledge, won't be offered as a free replacement to the simpler TriCaster VM, upon upgrading to TriCaster PRO FX or TriCaster STUDIO, however.
-PeterG

Sound Man
04-10-2008, 05:30 PM
That device, to my knowledge, won't be offered as a free replacement to the simpler TriCaster VM, upon upgrading to TriCaster PRO FX or TriCaster STUDIO, however.
-PeterG[/QUOTE]

I hope that they do a "trade-up" for the currant VM to the new Studo VM.

Bob

CreatvGnius
04-10-2008, 08:24 PM
I hope that they do a "trade-up" for the currant VM to the new Studo VM.
Bob
While just speculation on my part, I'd imagine that the remote switcher devices in use currently are likely subject to considerable cosmetic wear, making such a 'trade-up" proposal less likely something the Manufacturer would be interested in getting involved with, directly.

On the other hand, some dealers might be inclined to make allowance for such but even then, that might be on a per-case basis. Just my 2 cents. :)
-PeterG