PDA

View Full Version : So what happened to the Stranaham tour thread?

archiea
07-20-2003, 08:17 PM
I had two replies in my mailbox from July 18th that can't access the discussion board.

Did the board moderators also write the State of the Union address?

Was there an NT dicussion board member found in a park dead with his wrist slashed in an "apparent suicide".

Will we be reading in the DRUDGE REPORT soon about Newtek's controlling the content of its own boards?

Hey, how come men in black suits with a texas drawl just kick down my door?

Wait, Wait!

YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!!!

WAIT

STOP!

erg ke- eh

sgd

hg=j ww5j

teju y

BANG SPLAT!

THUMP!

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .

eof

message intercepted.

----- Transcript of session follows -----
Newtek: archiea no longer exist
550 5.1.1 <archiea>... User unknown
Newtek: dicussion no longer exist
550 5.1.1 <archiea>... User unknown
Reporting-MTA: dns;
Board moderator
Received-From-MTA: DNS; [203.252.154.171]
Arrival-Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 13:33:40 -0700 (PDT)
Ionic displacement vehicle

Final-Recipient: RFC822;
archiea
Attempted action: message thread
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Unix; 67
Last-Attempt-Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 13:33:42 -0700 (PDT)

Message truncated.

All of your dicussion thread are belong to us.

Have a nice day!

Stranahan
07-20-2003, 08:37 PM
It took a really weird turn, and was killed.

archiea
07-20-2003, 09:00 PM
Wrong trun?

have you read the post hear in the past year? Its got more wrong turns than a drunk on Laurel Canyon with no power steering....

Crap the best part of watching sports and racing are the crashes and the fights...

Would have loved to have read Splingod's reply to me. Yo spline, mail it to me.... :D

kevman3d
07-20-2003, 10:28 PM
I think it was starting to get personal and comments aimed at users and people directly... If I recall correctly that is? Maybe it was a different thread? Ah, anyway, note that Newtek just don't PULL threads because they dislike them (I recall the X-files, eh , Newtek vs Luxology thread that just didn't seem to want to die), they pull them cause they are becoming out of hand and causing personal damage to people is not what the community should be about...

There's really a limit some 'wrong turns' can go to before they just get too extreme to keep online.

Its a pity that it has to be done, but I'm glad to see at least Moderators are doing their job...

Doug Nicola
07-21-2003, 06:58 PM
"Its got more wrong turns than a drunk on Laurel Canyon with no power steering.... '

HA HA HA... LMAO!!!!

Don't worry archiea, I heard that NewTek (or was it the CIA?) is building a secret discussion board server deep underground somewhere in the deserts of Nevada.... Or was it high up in a redwood tree in Northern California? Anyways, this top secret server is designed to simulate the thoughts and feelings of real independent humans, but will actually be created by an AI program whose real purpose is to subtly control pork belly futures and the possum fur market... or something like that... my sources are conflicted....

But really, NT is amazingly tolerant on these boards, and if a thread was wiped out (I wasn't following it), I'm sure it was for a darn good reason.

Chuck
07-21-2003, 07:22 PM
If you haven't noticed yet:

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8184

Beamtracer
07-22-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Chuck
Moderation decisions are not subject to public discussion.