PDA

View Full Version : LW 8.5 on new MacMini - no prefs saved

ingo
04-09-2008, 04:10 PM
Hi, i just installed LW 8.5 on my new MacMini with 10.5. Everything works fine, but the prefs are not saved, means everytime i open LW or modeller i have to reload plugins, reposition windows again, reload keyboard shortcuts and change the pathes and so on, any ideas ??

Chilton
04-09-2008, 04:36 PM
While I don't know what could be causing this, I can tell you that a number of things in Leopard changed with regard to saving files in a Carbon app.

What happens if you move the folder containing LightWave 8.5 (so all of the files including the app are moved) out of the Applications folder and onto somewhere else, like the desktop?

I ask because Leopard also introduces more strict control over apps writing back into the applications folder, which 8.5 probably did.

-Chilton

ingo
04-09-2008, 04:55 PM
Thanks, i'll give it a try. And as i remember there was a solution for FPrimes inability to make the save and render dialog usable.

Maybe i should better look for a tool that allows me to install 10.4 on my MiniMac.

ingo
04-10-2008, 01:44 AM
Okay thanks, seems to work now, at least LightWave. Can somebody remember what was wrong with Fprime not showing the save file type , so i can't render to file ? I read that it is fixed with 3.2, so is the upgrade useful although i am still with LW 8.5 and there is no UB version available ??