PDA

View Full Version : Need Texture

Tony3d
04-09-2008, 04:53 AM
Does anyone know where I could get a texture like this?

bjornkn
04-09-2008, 05:41 AM
From that photo?

JeffrySG
04-09-2008, 08:59 AM
From that photo?
lol

http://cgtextures.com/ has tons of photo references to use... you might find something there you could use.

SplineGod
04-09-2008, 09:38 AM
It could also probably be done with procedurals as well. :)

Chilton
04-09-2008, 09:49 AM
Are you looking for 'hay'?

Repeating or non-repeating?

-Chilton

bjornkn
04-09-2008, 10:07 AM
I hate looking around for a specific texture, because I never find it when I need it. And usually it's much faster to make your own anyway, particularly when you already have a "source".
I spent 2min in PS with your small image and put it on a roof in SU.
I'm sure that if you spend 10min in PS on a jigher res image you'll end up with a quite useful texture? You'll certainly spend much longer if you're looking around for just the right one ;)

Tony3d
04-10-2008, 04:11 AM
Thanks guys for all the help. I was able to crop out a good repeatable section off that image, but I found a better more realistic texture at the site jeffrySg suggested. The reason I didn't want to crop off the image is because I'm always afraid of copy write problems.

Johnny
04-11-2008, 11:34 AM
From that photo?

well, even that "photo" isn't a photo..it's cgi, too?

are you going for a thatched roof? if so, I'd encourage you to do some googling to see what actual (non-CGI) thatched roofs are like.

and what they are *not* like is, shingles which look like they've had nice, neat, parallel straws glued to them, as in that reference image.

could this be a job for sasquatch??

J

Tony3d
04-11-2008, 01:07 PM
well, even that "photo" isn't a photo..it's cgi, too?

are you going for a thatched roof? if so, I'd encourage you to do some googling to see what actual (non-CGI) thatched roofs are like.

and what they are *not* like is, shingles which look like they've had nice, neat, parallel straws glued to them, as in that reference image.

could this be a job for sasquatch??

J

I did it saslite, nut I need to put real people in motion clip mapped in the scene, and that clips away the saslite.