PDA

View Full Version : Node Help

MAUROCOR
04-08-2008, 12:37 PM
I have a model (a fish) with a UV texture. I need to apply a Simple Skin material on it (til now it is ok) but I need some transparent parts too. How do I do that? Someone could help me? I tryed a lot of setups but anyone worked. I just didnīt get simple skin + transparency.
Thanks!:thumbsup:

BlueApple
04-08-2008, 01:13 PM
You may want to try messing around with the Material Mixer node. Run the Simple Skin node as one input, and make a custom material for your other input. Have your custom material be transparent.

Then it becomes a matter of controlling what parts of your model get the Skin material, and what parts get the Custom material.

I would use a weight map-driven gradient to control the mixing of the materials. In Modeler, paint a weight map where, for example, portions you want invisible are given 100% weight and visible portions get 0%.

All of the above does not take into account your UV’d image. If I have time when I get home I’ll dig in deeper. Good luck.

MAUROCOR
04-09-2008, 07:53 AM
Thank you for your tip, Blue Apple. I tryed but it didnīt work!
I think there is no way to use transparency with Simple Skin. :thumbsdow

BlueApple
04-09-2008, 08:53 AM
Check out the attached setup and see if it works for you.

BlueApple
04-09-2008, 09:14 AM
*I used Fast Skin, not Simple Skin. I would guess you can swap to the skin material you prefer without issue.

MAUROCOR
05-29-2008, 03:35 PM
Thank you for your tip, BlueApple! Great Help!