PDA

View Full Version : Second try...

warrenwc
04-05-2008, 05:22 PM
Is there anybody.....
OUT THERE?

Total Rendition. The bug from the Bugboard tut. Edited the texture & put it in a photo.
Working like a charm(a SLOW charm(Did I mention: it's slow?)).:)

Mitja
04-07-2008, 02:07 AM
Yeah, somebody is out here... :thumbsup:
So, a question: is it possible to edit textures (UV) of the lwo object directly in PS, to see changers in realtime? (probably a n00b question, but I don't have rendition!)
Do you work on a P4? Then sure it is slow!!! Don't get me wrong, one of my machines is a P4 too, and it's 4x slower than an amd4800+.

jasond
04-08-2008, 11:19 AM
That's a strength of the software. Can't edit the other surface characteristics, though.

warrenwc
04-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Yeah I know I'm still in the "Stone-single-core-age":)
I'll stop harping on the speed but most people using Photoshop are used to a progress bar or even a spinning hourglass.
When you say OK to a dialog in Rendition, the box goes away & you just have to wonder until something starts happening.
You CAN edit the textures in PS but you need to save before you see it, since you're essentially editing a layer of a smart object. So I don't know if you'd call that "real-time" but since you can just make the old texture an unseen layer & work on a copy in a new layer, it can be totally non-destructive.

Mitja
04-09-2008, 01:58 AM
When you say OK to a dialog in Rendition, the box goes away & you just have to wonder until something starts happening.

Yeah, I agree with you, this sounds very annoying.

You CAN edit the textures in PS but you need to save before you see it, since you're essentially editing a layer of a smart object.
Cool, but annoying too, without saving would be much better!

warrenwc
04-10-2008, 04:59 PM
Cool, but annoying too, without saving would be much better!
I'm not sure how you could accomplish that in Photoshop- but since you can have as many layers as you want & just turn visibility on or off for each, you can have many different versions.