PDA

View Full Version : Applying a surface to each side of a poly

Mike Borjon
04-05-2008, 11:41 AM
Hello,

My next project involves 3D animation mixed with live action. The main character needs to have some polys that will show on both sides. Each side however will show two distinctly different surfaces ... kinda of like a page with two sides. I remember looking at a video tutorial on this site that shows how to get this done but after much searching can't find it.

The video showed how to apply a surface to one side (with texture mapping) and another surface to the other side (also with texture mapping). Anyone recall this video, who created it or who would be willing to explain the process.

Much appreciated.

UnCommonGrafx
04-05-2008, 12:10 PM
http://www.newtek.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=51493&d=1193298435

Mike Borjon
04-05-2008, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the reply, I'll check that out.

Wish I could find that video, it was really well done.

WilliamVaughan
04-05-2008, 09:09 PM
you can find that video and alot more using this cool search feature:
ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/movies/w3dw/WV_LightwaveTraining.html

and there is one on polygon side here:
ftp://ftp.newtek.com/products/LightWave/Videos/polyside.mov

Mike Borjon
04-05-2008, 09:21 PM
Yes!

Thanks for the site and video find, not to mention your time in putting these tutorials together.

Mike

UnCommonGrafx
04-06-2008, 05:53 AM
Hey William,
Your schedules pretty full nowadays. That place just south of the border is really coming into focus, huh? ;)

Anyways, is there a way to hook that list up with the list at the LW Page?
http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/tutorials/videos/index.php
I went looking through there for the vid and couldn't find it; the list you shared I forgot about.
For that matter, is there anyway to hook up all of the little gems you and the team deem worthy and put links to them on this page? Thanks for your time.

WilliamVaughan
04-06-2008, 09:23 AM
I think that the web team has plans to consolidate...:thumbsup: