PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Rendering output

randallstu
04-05-2008, 09:13 AM
Hi all,
I am just getting into the VT 5 and I am doing a photo montage. I scan all the pictures in at 720x486 4:3 aspect ratio. Put them on the timeline and watch the preview on an exterior monitor. All looks good. The project is set up in preferences as a 4x3 project.

When I render to either a DVD, avi, rtv, it renders out like a 16:9. Even though the individual frames are 720x480, the video has the black bars on the top and bottom of the frame like it squissed the picture down. I cannot get it to stay at a 4:3 ratio and fill the frame.

Plus, I have TMPGENc 2.5 and I get an error message when I try to load the VTP file from VT5 into this program, so I can't make a DVD this way. I did the VT5's plugin look up but still TMPGEnc won't accept the VTP file.

Can anyone help me with these issues?

Thanks
Randallstu

randallstu
04-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Doesn't anyone have an answer to this?
randallstu

SBowie
04-08-2008, 01:59 PM
If they look right in the project (on the Video Output monitor), and the project is 4:3, really it should be ok. There must be something crossed up in your render settings. To begin with, maybe click the Customize button in the Render panel, and make sure that "Use Project Settings" is turned on.

randallstu
04-08-2008, 07:18 PM
Hey thanks for the reply. I setup a new project and noticed that the setup when starting was probably set to 16:9, even though I was working in 4:3 setup under preferences. I think when it rendered it converted it. When I setup with 4:3 at the new project screen all works fine and they were able to import into TMPENGc 2.5.

Do you know if TMPENGc 2.5 will render 16:9? or HDV?

Thanks again for replying.

Randallstu

ScorpioProd
04-08-2008, 10:29 PM
TMPGEnc 2.5 works perfectly fine with 16:9, as long as you set it up correctly. Both the input and output formats MUST be manually set to 16:9.

As for HDV, you can do a project in SpeedEDIT made of HDV clips. IF the project is a DV project, it will work fine in TMPGEnc 2.5 and SpeedEDIT will do the downconversion. If you do your project as an HDV project, then just take it as a subproject and drop it in a DV project for SpeedEDIT to do the downconversion before feeding it to TMPGEnc 2.5.

randallstu
04-08-2008, 11:56 PM
Thanks guys for taking the time
Randallstu