PDA

View Full Version : More removable items in the interace

mjanson
07-20-2003, 08:35 AM
I would really like to see the bottom part of the UI to be removable just like the tool/menu bar on the side (hotkeyable)... With the option to keep the time slider and the "information" box...

I really need the space on the screen and that bottom part is totally useless to me (with the exception of the numeric panel). It appears the bottom part is the main reason why I can't make the main lightwave window as small as I want.

As one looses the option to see and modify the x,y,z coordinates, maybe a hotkeyable opengl info overlay which is click/drag senstitive to allow for both manual input as well as "drag" input...

Also, the Scene Editor window can't be rezised fully in terms of width. I would like to have the option to make it much smaller in width.

/Magnus

"It's not the size of the dog in a fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog!"

CB_3D
07-20-2003, 11:47 AM
yes, full configurability, please!

Zach
07-20-2003, 03:04 PM
Here, Here!

Let's be able to tear everything in the UI apart, and be able to pin it to different areas of the screen. I have two monitors, and would love to be able to have the bones, objects, lights, and camera properties up all at once, and to be able to rip off the tabs within those properties panels. If you can get everything to tear off and stay open while making requests to properties of a different item within layout, that would be the shiite!

It would be great to be able to get every controlling aspect of the UI into one monitor, and have the other monitor just be view ports and thats it!

It just makes sense to be able to tweak different aspects of your scene without giving up the current panel. Like render options shares the same panel as the properties and effects panel. Why? It just doesn't make sense!

I must admit, I do like how some apps give you the option to dock panels within viewports. That's pretty killer!

Also, why not make everything be hotkey assignable? Like get rid of the timeline by the press of a button.

Also, what do you think of dockable stackable panels?

mjanson
07-21-2003, 03:23 PM
Totally agree with the different item properties issue... On the other hand that would mean at least 6 different property menus... I don't sport 2 screens atm unfortunately... I am however not a big fan of stackable stuff... I hate the extra mouse click to open them up and close them... maybe if the properties boxes had tabs (like backdrop/eviron/comp/fx) and the drop down item list did not select the item itself in layout... plus the ability to

Everything should definately be hotkeyable so you can with ease get the timeline or other menus back quickly... The only problem is the lack of configurable keys... I mentioned as a feature request once (and many others I pressume) the following:

1. the option for two hotkeys for each key... one hotkey being a breif tap and the other one a down right keypress...

2. the option to configure one key for ctrl+key and a different one for shift+ctrl+key...

3. The option to use alt+key as with the function keys for hotkey assignment

I'm quickly running out of reachable keyboard space as well as monitor space... I would really like to see this fixed although I realize it is probably not a priority request but it would be greatly appreciated... so... pretty please? :)