PDA

View Full Version : Newteks service level

deaddavey
04-05-2008, 08:19 AM
I am very disappointed on Newtek's lack of responses to my email technical support questions.

are they only working part time or something???

who else has had this problem? looking over the vt forum, i see it is a regular issue.

i cant call international otherwise i would call and voice my concerns there.

jburford
04-05-2008, 08:51 AM
I have used the European Newtek support (currently) and also the US Support Teams and have almost always quick support and assistance. They are not only NOT working part time, but round the clock at the moment due to the LW 9.5 Beta testing and Development.

Are you in Europe? If so, then you should be going to the Newtek Europe Office in France first (although I am also certain that NT will assist you directly).

And, please be professional, it gets tiring hearing all of the whiners here on the NT Forum, if you have a problem please try to directly handle it in a private message simply ask Chuck for assistance.

Beyond, that, what is your problem, how can we @ the Forum here help you?

jburford
04-05-2008, 08:58 AM
Now, in looking over your past half dozen posts here in the Forum, looks like someone pulled you over the table in your purchase and perhaps did not see that you had a working system or a compatible system for the Toaster!!!

Is this a new purchase from a Dealer, or a used deal from some Joe in the Internet?

Do you even have a supported system and setup? Or do you even know?

Cheers
Cheers

Titus
04-05-2008, 09:00 AM
I am very disappointed on Newtek's lack of responses to my email technical support questions.

In my experience they don't do technical support by mail. But many people say they are excellent by phone.

Qexit
04-05-2008, 06:39 PM
In my experience they don't do technical support by mail. But many people say they are excellent by phone.Transatlantic phone calls to the States from the UK are not cheap, calls to France may even be more expensive still. Since it is clear from deaddavey's other posts when he was looking for a VT card originally that he is working with a very limited budget, obtaining tech. support by phone may not be an option.

Titus
04-05-2008, 06:43 PM
I feel your pain, I live in a banana republic. I think you have two options: call NewTek Europe for help or use skype.

jburford
04-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Newtek Europe has Call Back Service!!!

Or, is anyone in his area to give him a hand?

markschum
04-06-2008, 02:34 PM
Here is the tech support email page from this site .

http://www.newtek.com/faq/index.php?techemail=true

I havent had any luck getting replies to tech support questions on Lightwave though. :thumbsdow

Steamthrower
04-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Tech support from NT has been very very nice for me. I will say though, that I've had better phone support than email support. If you're having technical problems and are on Mac, Chilton is like the Demigod of Assistance. I can't vouch for the Tricaster side, though.