PDA

View Full Version : Rendition Beta

mikala
04-04-2008, 08:53 AM
No response to my emails so I thought I'd try here.
The order page seems to either be broken or not accepting orders for the Rendition Plugin Beta from Canada.
I keep getting kicked to a page that magically says I'm from Alabama.

Any help ?

mikala
04-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Anyone else having troubles with this?

warrenwc
04-04-2008, 03:42 PM
Sorry, no, but I'm not in Canada.

mikala
04-04-2008, 03:43 PM
:) Thanks

jburford
04-04-2008, 03:52 PM
There is a Rendition area in the Forum is perhaps better there. But, yes I have the same problem, am in Germany (although American), and there is not access to it out of the States at the moment. From at least what NT Europe told me.

Really sucks....... Reminds me of the X-Live limitations from Microsoft.

Chuck
04-04-2008, 03:59 PM
The information that I received recently from Marketing is that initially the product is for sale for US customers. They are working on being able to extend the Open Beta program to customers in other regions. They didn't provide any information on the expected timetable. I took a look at the product page and I'm not sure why, but this info is not covered there. I'll let them know they have some very puzzled folks trying to buy.

mikala
04-04-2008, 11:16 PM
Thank you!
It is very confusing getting an mail invite to participate and then be denied.
Lets hope it gets solved in me being able to part with more money :)

righteous
04-05-2008, 08:34 AM
I agree, I tried to send some bucks their way but realised I couldn't pick Australia...

Oh well, I will keep my money's for now..

frantbk
04-09-2008, 11:52 AM
The information that I received recently from Marketing is that initially the product is for sale for US customers. They are working on being able to extend the Open Beta program to customers in other regions. They didn't provide any information on the expected timetable. I took a look at the product page and I'm not sure why, but this info is not covered there. I'll let them know they have some very puzzled folks trying to buy.

What NewTek page to I go too, to find out which versions of Adobe Photoshop Rendition works with. Will Rendition work with the really low-end version of Photoshop?

frantbk
04-09-2008, 12:08 PM
3D actually you can do only with CS3 extended, because adobe offers it ONLY for the Extended

I know, I've just been to the Adobe site. The total cost for the two programs is $1148.00. Photoshop CS3 extended is $999.00 and Rendition is $149.00. I think I would rather see the composting tools from Photoshop in Lightwave. :( :compbeati

Costanel
04-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Photoshop still is much too expensive to my taste, a combination of Gimp and Paint Shop Pro are sufficient for most use. (and are easier to use)

There has been an "rendition open beta" forum opened, for those who haven't seen it. Would like to try it, but being a cheap Student, I don't own Extended.

frantbk
04-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Photoshop still is much too expensive to my taste, a combination of Gimp and Paint Shop Pro are sufficient for most use. (and are easier to use)

There has been an "rendition open beta" forum opened, for those who haven't seen it. Would like to try it, but being a cheap Student, I don't own Extended.

The problem I'm having is that I don't know enough of what market share CS3 extended is meant for. I think the long time photoshop user will feel slighted for all of the years of photoshop that they have to spend extra for tool sets that they probably feel the should have.

Just for the sake of discussion; lets say that CS3 extended does take off big. Would it not then be in NewTek's best interest to partner e-on's vue Xstream with photoshop CS3 extended and Rendition?

frantbk
04-13-2008, 05:37 PM
Okay, I've found some more information here about Rendition, and I now have a better idea what Rendition is about and who it is targeted for. So I'm not sure I'm the customer for it because I really don't need the extended version of Photoshop.

sadkkf
04-15-2008, 09:11 AM
I'm a long-time Photoshop user, but an infrequent Photoshop upgrader. New versions seldom contain must-have features so I get along with one several versions old. I still like the amount of 3rd party plugs available and can complete a project very quickly with some of them.

I moved from 7 to CS3 Extended mostly for the video and 3D, but now that Adobe absorbed Macromedia, I may upgrade more often with whatever bundle is offered as I work so much with Dreamweaver and Flash.

MM once offered many significant leaps with each new version, but now that they're under Adobe control, my fear is Adobe will apply their typical minimal amount of effort in offering new features.

Integrating some LW features into PS will be a huge benefit.

And what's with NT *selling* a BETA? Is this something new? Will buyers get free updates to the full gold release?

Andyjaggy
04-15-2008, 09:18 AM
I usually don't upgrade often either. There aren't enough new features in CS3 for me to feel the need to upgrade. I allready have a real 3D program and don't need photoshop to open up 3D objects. Unless of coarse you could paint on them in photoshop, but you can't so it doesn't matter. As soon as Adobe gets their act together and actually makes their software multithreaded and 64bit then I will upgrade.

I was glad to see they finally have a master bundle with all their software in one package. Their bundles and upgrades have been mind numbingly confusing in the past.

sadkkf
04-15-2008, 09:59 AM
I read somewhere Adobe may offer CS4 in 32- and 64-bit versions for the PC, but Mac users have to wait for 64-bit versions because most of the default filters will need to be rewritten.

http://www.photoshopsupport.com/photoshop-blog/08/04/photoshop-cs4-news-cs4.html

I'd also love to be able to paint textures in PS.

frantbk
04-15-2008, 12:13 PM
I'm a long-time Photoshop user, but an infrequent Photoshop upgrader. New versions seldom contain must-have features so I get along with one several versions old. I still like the amount of 3rd party plugs available and can complete a project very quickly with some of them.

I moved from 7 to CS3 Extended mostly for the video and 3D, but now that Adobe absorbed Macromedia, I may upgrade more often with whatever bundle is offered as I work so much with Dreamweaver and Flash.

MM once offered many significant leaps with each new version, but now that they're under Adobe control, my fear is Adobe will apply their typical minimal amount of effort in offering new features.

Integrating some LW features into PS will be a huge benefit.

And what's with NT *selling* a BETA? Is this something new? Will buyers get free updates to the full gold release?

Well, I can only guess that NewTek's part of the deal is small, so they need some for Rendition support. I'd like to know what NT is receiving in return for Rendition? Adobe seems to be receiving the better part of the deal. I'd like to see Rendition pushed down to the other two photoshop unit, but maybe they lack the codebase to support it. I'm supprised that Maxwell has produced a plug-in for photoshop, but then maybe Adobe did want to play with them. I know several years ago MaxWell was suppose to have a Bryce plug-in, but Daz didn't want to do business with them (but Daz didn't do much to deny the MaxWell plug-in).

frantbk
04-15-2008, 12:15 PM
I usually don't upgrade often either. There aren't enough new features in CS3 for me to feel the need to upgrade. I allready have a real 3D program and don't need photoshop to open up 3D objects. Unless of coarse you could paint on them in photoshop, but you can't so it doesn't matter. As soon as Adobe gets their act together and actually makes their software multithreaded and 64bit then I will upgrade.

I was glad to see they finally have a master bundle with all their software in one package. Their bundles and upgrades have been mind numbingly confusing in the past.

Don't most 3D app. people need Photoshop just for some touchup work? A little composting

Andyjaggy
04-15-2008, 12:53 PM
Yes, but that doesn't mean you have to upgrade everytime they have a new version. CS2 works just fine for what I need, I don't have to go spend another 600 bucks just to have CS3.

sadkkf
04-15-2008, 01:23 PM
Don't most 3D app. people need Photoshop just for some touchup work? A little composting

There are tons of image editors out there that can do what PS does. As others have mentioned, Gimp and PSP are popular alternatives.

What I like about Photoshop is it's easy enough to use, there's tons of support (i.e., 3rd party), and a huge community. What I don't like is it's insanely expensive for what it is. Also, being an industry standard, I get lots of .psd files from customers and need to be able to use them.

BeeVee
04-16-2008, 02:47 AM
Rendition isn't really aimed at existing LightWave owners - you all know how to make 3D objects and render them in scenes, so for you Photoshop is *just* a tool to retouch your finished images. Rendition is aimed squarely at the artist who twists flat images around in perspective to make his picture of a CD or DVD case, or cereal packet at the simplest level. With Rendition they will be able to bring in a real 3D object, paste their flat images onto it and then render it more realistically than Photoshop can do on its own. Rendition will cost $150 when it's finalised and the price you pay for the beta is two-thirds of that price and there won't be any further charge for a final version.

B