PDA

View Full Version : Procedural texture problem

medicalart
04-03-2008, 07:36 PM
I can't get the procedural texture to match. I need the background of frame 520 to match the background of frame 900. I'm using "Smokey1" procedural texture applied to a simple rectangle. I renamed the scene and imported the backdrop. All the settings are the same but the render is different. Is that because this texture is animated? How do I best capture the texture and use it? Thanks.

mattyb
04-04-2008, 08:25 AM
The animated procedural is probably the culprit.

If I understand the question, you want to freeze the motion of the procedural? If so, you should be able to remove the envelope of the animated property by hitting the shift while hitting the "E" in the surface editor. That should remove the animation while keeping the value for the property at the frame you are currently on.

BYW is that a large ribosomal subunit....looks like it from the portion I could see of the grab...

medicalart
04-04-2008, 08:45 AM
There's no envelope on the procedural texture. I think some of the procedural textures have motion built in to their algorithms. I'm not sure. If so, I'm wondering if there's a way to stop the motion.

Mat, It's not a ribosome, but it's a schematic view of polymerase--so you're close!

mattyb
04-04-2008, 08:59 AM
I just did a test model with the smoky1 procedural and it doesn't change... unless you have turbulence turned on? If it is you may want to set it to 0.

Polymerase... cool. I should've looked a little more closely. I do a lot of molecular bio work. Looks interesting!