PDA

View Full Version : Buggy Morphing with Triangles

hesido
07-20-2003, 05:12 AM
I don't know if this is known, but it has to fixed with 7.5d..

Morphing a triangulated object causes tearing artefacts. (Using morphmaps and morphmixer)

Just make a tesselated sphere, make a bulge in a morphmap , a big one so you can clearly see it, and morph it in layout a little and you will see some points move freely as if unwelded. The modeler has no problems of course. But I guess this is a big bug?! Or there a problem with me.

Hmm, also I couldn't get morphing with metaballs to work, but that is not really important (but if you know the answer, just drop a line :) )

riki
07-20-2003, 09:34 AM
Here's a test I did, with Morphing Metaballs

QT Movie 916k

http://www.suture.net/tutorials/modeling/files/metaballs.mov

riki
07-20-2003, 09:42 AM
The secret can be found in this pix :)

hesido
08-01-2003, 12:08 PM
But the triangulated morph bug persists :) , tho the tearing is gone, there is a big shading problem.. I can attach pictures if necessary.

Thanks so much for this answer on such short notice, Riki!

I couldn't reply earlier because of major problems with my site's (www.hesido.com) host, herculeshoster.com deleting my email settings without a warning email (only after 2 months of service and I have paid for a year). They stopped answering my emails, and are STILL not solving my problem, I now can't ftp it or change email settings.. Worse than the worst, they use my friends name and some praise words from his mouth in testimonials page, stating how good their service is, words he never said!!!! He even never emailed them about anything! And it is still there on their testimonial page. This is a crime in action, I wonder if there are places to let other people know.. Just to warn you. (I couldn't find their phone number anywhere, one I found is not being used.) check out the page if you like www.herculeshoster.com/testimonial.html )

Take care, stay away from herculeshoster.com .

(Small notice: These comments are solely my own thoughts from my own experience and Newtek cannot be held responsible for this posting)