PDA

View Full Version : Bones freaking out!

skywalker113
04-03-2008, 04:15 PM
I created a t-rex and made bones for the legs, along with for the tail, head, and hip. I have 5 bones for the leg (one extra bone before the thy seems to help keep the polygons from getting weird when moving the leg), and made a IK with the thy and shine The hip bone is not connected to the legs. I got it walking, then I tryed to parent the upper most bone of the legs to the hip, when suddenly, Wam!, the entire model went nuts and deformed into a big mess. I unparented the legs to the hip but it didnt reverse anything. I hit redo as many times as I could, but the model didnt go back. The hip was spinning mad when I animated everything, and I didnt even tell it to do that. The bones in the shine and thy seemd to have keyframes that I didnt make, and were twisting to. The bones were all over the place. I deleted the keyframes I didnt make and made everything stop spinning. Now I got the bones to act the same way they were, but the model is still crazy. The legs are lower, and the hip area came down with it. The left leg bones dont seem to effect the model at all even when there turned on, both of the legs are moving with the right leg bones.

:help:Does anyone have an Idea of whats going on?

IMI
04-03-2008, 04:28 PM
Did you size the bones when you created them or use the rest length to change the size?
I don't think you're supposed to parent the bones later, but rather create child bones from one selected.

skywalker113
04-03-2008, 06:48 PM
I used skelegons

Mr Big
04-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Get the free rigging tutorials from kurv studios, that's a good place to start.

skywalker113
04-05-2008, 12:05 AM
I think I better know of what happend now. I tryed parenting the thy bone to the hip, and after I did the area around the leg got messed up. Then I unparented the thy to the hip and it got even more messed up.

Surrealist.
04-06-2008, 09:44 AM
First of all make note of weather you have parent in place on or not. Then I agree, I think if you parent at this stage it throws off the IK. That is most likely all there is to it.

I would heed the advice and do some tutorials on rigging.

miguel_dthings
04-10-2008, 06:53 AM
Did you try selecting all your bones at frame 0 (the relax pose), then hit r key? That should get the geometry back in place.